• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do you post pics

98XJLongBuild

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is a stupid question to be asking but my computer illerate ass cant figure it out.

How do you guys post a pic, yhe actual pic, on your thread. I know how to go thru and add a URL address for like photobucket, but i would like to be able to put the picture directly onto the thread.

Need to know were exactly to go. Almost a step by step instruction. I kniw its bad but im tired of trying to figure it out. Plus with a new biild coming up id like to be able to use my big ass 2,000 dollar camera finally.

Thanks

As a general rule, NAXJA does NOT host images or attachments. You'll need to use another hosting site for your images.

Sorry if i wasnt clear, but what i meant was how do i post an actual pic in a thread. Id like to be able to start a thread but it Will really suck if everythi.g is an attachment.

I go thru almost every thread and they all ha e pics posted up. I just need to know how to do this.

Thanks

What he said. Naxja doesn't host. You have to upload your pic to something like photobucket or Flickr, then use the [ img ] (URL) [ /img ] tags. Do a "preview post" before submitting if you want to make sure you got it right.

I believe the direct answer your looking for is infact using the [ IMG ] brackets, which inserts the image - rather than [ URL ] which just adds the link.

(edited for clarity)

Example: I just uploaded a pic to photobucket with my iPhone. The photobucket app has a nifty little feature that makes it easy to post pics - auto copyin the link/image/HTML code - which ever you choose, so you can directly paste it to a post.

This is what it looks like (minus the extra spaces I put in to break it)

[ IMG ]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/bnsfmike/3ebf412a.jpg[ /IMG ]

End result: (no spaces in the brackets)

3ebf412a.jpg

Cool that answered it.. The hole url and img and the other ten million abbreviatios thay there are confuse the hell out of me.

Thanks

you can also search whatever you want to post about on Google, then look for images results. Click on the image, then on the right hand side, click full size image, so its just the picture (not the pic in the entire website displayed). Once you have just the picture, by itself on the screen, just copy the address in the address bar. In your post, click icon with little mountains (it says insert image if you scroll over it with the mouse), then just hit paste, and ok. Ba boom. For example, I just did a Google search on jeep srt8. Took steps described above, and wa-la!

jeep-grand-cherokee-srt82.jpg

Back