• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade Bumper

sorry for bringing up a year old thread:eyes:

You got any advise on what is good to cut 1/4" steel? I've been using the skinny 4.5" cutting blades for an angle grinder, and i've also been using the fatter ones (3mm), both kinda suck. The skinny ones are done in two seconds, and the fat ones take forever. Is there a blade you can put on a rotary saw? or any stronger blades than these?

Anywho that was a good afternoons work.

Peace,
Alex[/quote]

you could try running a carberendum sp? blade on a skillsaw and setting the depth reall shallow, good for getting real straight cuts

Buy several different brands of cutting wheel for your angle grinder. Some brands last much longer and cut faster than the cheap crappy brands.

Don't force the cutting wheel. Use light pressure and let the cutting wheel do the work. If you are wearing out a wheel in a few minutes, it is either a crappy one or your are using too much pressure/feeding too fast.

I have seen abrasive cutting wheels for a circular saw at a supply store and in some catalogs but have never tried one. Try Northern Tool, Grainger, or J&L Industrial.

Back