• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holy Cross overnighter

Troy - Need your help. Two delightful women might want to make the Holly Cross trip if their schedule permits, but their jeep is not properly rigged for this type of wheelin. Yep, they qualify, one lost a transmission on Guanella, the other recently dropped the engine in a rough drive. They are properly equipped, can handle the back country outdoors with ease, and are experts in everything.Any room for prospective NAXJA mammas?

:dunno:
er, i'm confused... are you saying they aren't properly equipped, but are properly equipped?

(maybe i just need more caffeine).
:D

Scott Hayden said:
Troy - Need your help. Two delightful women might want to make the Holly Cross trip if their schedule permits, but their jeep is not properly rigged for this type of wheelin. Yep, they qualify, one lost a transmission on Guanella, the other recently dropped the engine in a rough drive. They are properly equipped, can handle the back country outdoors with ease, and are experts in everything.Any room for prospective NAXJA mammas?

Not to be an ass Scott......

But you're telling me that these two girls have a Jeep that they've 1) blown the trans in once, and 2) blown the engine in once. AND on top of that, you already know they're jeep isn't set up for the kind of trail Holy Cross is.......

What the heck are you smokin'?!?!?!

To allow them to take their jeep on this trail isn't fair to them (expenses from breakage, tow bill or whatever), or to the others attending.

The girls are more than welcome to hitch a ride in your jeep, or anyone else that's willing to let 'em have a seat....... but I absolutely must refuse to allow their rig on the trail. This event is about capable rigs and their owners having a great trail ride with little to no breakage. With as big of a group as we're likely to have, we don't need obviously ill-equipped rigs creating problems.

It's also my intention to get a list of attendees developed as people show up for the event and pre-inspect their rigs before the run. I don't want any surprises, nor do I want to have to turn someone away at the trail head.

Scott Hayden said:
I don't get it either

YELLAHEEP said:
It's also my intention to get a list of attendees developed as people show up for the event and pre-inspect their rigs before the run. I don't want any surprises, nor do I want to have to turn someone away at the trail head.

does this mean i'm out with my peugot and D30 :laugh3:. But seriousley(sp) I've never been to a NAXJA event so what will you be checking for in the pre-inspect?

Thanks Randy

YELLAHEEP said:
Not to be an assScott......
as·cot
n.
A broad neck scarf knotted so that its ends lie flat, one upon the other.

YELLAHEEP said:
I hope that I pass. If not atleast I got to do it last year!? :laugh3:

hightimes2 said:
does this mean i'm out with my peugot and D30 :laugh3:. But seriousley(sp) I've never been to a NAXJA event so what will you be checking for in the pre-inspect?

Thanks Randy

Randy this is a list of tech/inspection items. I think what Troy is talking about is that the veh. is equiped to handle the demands of the trail, IE: skids, lockers, ground clearance, etc. as well as the required naxja items below.

Front and rear tow hooks, shackles or receivers (no welded tow hooks)

Safety Belts for driver and all passengers

Adequate Spare Tire, Jack and Lug Wrench

Tow rope (no metal hooks allowed), strap or winch

Visibly Charged Fire Extinguisher (BC or ABC)

First aid kit

Secured battery (no bungee cords)

Also even though CB's are not listed as required, they are useful.

Justin

Exactly Justin. Specifically the "as well as" part. There are NAXJA equipment requirement rules, then there will be trail-leader imposed equipment requirements. These aren't designed to exclude anyone - they're designed to ensure the run goes safely and smoothly. If you wanna do this run, get your rig up to snuff...

I have already stated the rig requirements in my original post and provided a link to some trail pictures so that everyone can get a feel for what the trail will involve.

'Nuf said.

Last edited:
jrsxj98 said:
Randy this is a list of tech/inspection items. I think what Troy is talking about is that the veh. is equiped to handle the demands of the trail, IE: skids, lockers, ground clearance, etc. as well as the required naxja items below.

Front and rear tow hooks, shackles or receivers (no welded tow hooks)

Safety Belts for driver and all passengers

Adequate Spare Tire, Jack and Lug Wrench

Tow rope (no metal hooks allowed), strap or winch

Visibly Charged Fire Extinguisher (BC or ABC)

First aid kit

Secured battery (no bungee cords)

Also even though CB's are not listed as required, they are useful.

Justin

thanks for the reply. I guess I need to go buy a few small things and I will be set.

JEONLYEP said:
I hope that I pass. If not atleast I got to do it last year!? :laugh3:

x2. :D

I even have teh 33s this year.

If I can get a breathing minute from work, ill be locked f/r. :rolleyes:

hjeepxj said:
If I can get a breathing minute from work
Let me know what's that's like.

I hope to be able to get some of the things back in that I had to take out of mine to let it dry. But it's going either way.

Troy - You are 100% correct in not allowing the girls on the trip in their jeep, that was not my intent, my message was somewhat hazy. They are looking for a ride to go on this trip, is there space available in somebody's rig?

Scott Hayden said:
Troy - You are 100% correct in not allowing the girls on the trip in their jeep, that was not my intent, my message was somewhat hazy. They are looking for a ride to go on this trip, is there space available in somebody's rig?

Geez Scott do we gotta bottle-feed ya on EVERYTHING???? XJ's are 5 seater vehicles..... They could each bring a friend and you'd still be good to go.....

Just kiddin'!
:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

JEONLYEP said:
Let me know what's that's like.

Tiring. :D

But hey, at least I gots some monies. :D

I would like to know if anyone is planning on doing this run with 31s this year? If anyone is, I would really like to know how it goes. I am still debating (after a whole year to think about it) weather or not I am going with 31s or 32s on my vehicle. I would love to do this trail next summer and have been wondering just how bad it would be with the 31s.

I know that I should probably just bite the bullet and get the 32s right off the bat, because I will probably want them later, but I jave been reasoning that I can always wait until the 31s are trashed before moving up and doing the necessary trimming (3.5 lift) that will come with the 32s.

Ran the trail 2 weekends ago. You'll be fine up to French creek crossing but from there you're walking or riding with someone else or taking out the rockers and rear quater panels...

The creek crossing was rather devoid of paving (rocks stacked), which is a great thing if you're built to handle a little tougher obstacle.

My 14yr old coming down.

DSC02543a.JPG

Scott Hayden said:
They are looking for a ride to go on this trip, is there space available in somebody's rig?
There is just me and Deogie in my XJ. She's got a seatbelt in back this year, so the passenger side is open and Deogie doesn't take up the whole back seat herself. But anyone riding in the back would have to like dogs.

C.diesel said:
I would like to know if anyone is planning on doing this run with 31s this year? If anyone is, I would really like to know how it goes. I am still debating (after a whole year to think about it) weather or not I am going with 31s or 32s on my vehicle. I would love to do this trail next summer and have been wondering just how bad it would be with the 31s.

I know that I should probably just bite the bullet and get the 32s right off the bat, because I will probably want them later, but I jave been reasoning that I can always wait until the 31s are trashed before moving up and doing the necessary trimming (3.5 lift) that will come with the 32s.
I ran it last year on 31's and am going to do it again this year. It's not too bad, if you've got the right spotter (Thanks Troy) and the nessary underside protection.

Daryl

JEONLYEP said:
I ran it last year on 31's and am going to do it again this year. It's not too bad, if you've got the right spotter (Thanks Troy) and the nessary underside protection.

Daryl

x2! :) Cept this year ill be on 33s, no lockers still. :rolleyes:

Back