• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Please

Rebeldawg

NAXJA Forum User
Need help naming my new best friend. He's a good dog but his last parents did not give him a name cause they were just going to use him for stupid reasons. He is big, 90 pnds. and only 8 months old. Well tempered lovable mutt. We just cant figure what we are gonna call him yet. Thought the obvious like Tiny and such just dont know. Any help would be appreciated. Also as a side note anyone have a idea how big he might get? He was listed as a pitbull great dane mix.

josh007.jpg

Last edited:
I like both, we also came up with Zues because we have chihuaha name hercules, also chopper or bruiser. I would like to keep his name short for the ease of traing it into him.

zues sounds good

Found it´s easier if you pick a name with a "K" or a "CH", near the end. Upword movement of the diaphram when calling the pooch, carries better. Something with the accent of "EE" or "EY" at the end also works well.
I´d call him Dick, because it meets the criteria above and it will be interesting to see who turns around and looks (and there expression) when you call him.
Buck is also a possiblility, for all of the reasons listed above. :gag:

I fail to understand.
Naming a pet is a personal thing, based on personalities, both yours and the dogs.
I recently picked up a purebred bloodhound, and promptly named her Daisy, because it fit.
She is now 11 weeks or so, and knows her name well.
Get to it, go buy a 12 pack, and watch a football game with your dog.
The name will come to you, I promise.
HTH.

Fingle Duck

:D

My dogs have alway's responded well to "SOB" and "God Damnit". I think next time I will name them that. My old dog responded well to F***er but my new one confuses that with Chukar and gets all wound up.

Lincoln said:
My dogs have alway's responded well to "SOB" and "God Damnit". I think next time I will name them that. My old dog responded well to F***er but my new one confuses that with Chukar and gets all wound up.

Reminds me of the old joke about the guy that asked for advice on house training his dog. His friend told him it was pretty easy, when he does it on the floor, scold him, stick his nose in it, swat him with a rolled up newspaper and put him outside, he´ll catch on.
When asked how the house training was going, he said not to good, I did like you said, yelled at him, hit him with a newspaper, stuck his nose in it and threw him out the window. What went wrong? Well watch, he yells "God Damit" dog takes a dump on the floor, sticks his own nose in it and jumps out the window. He´s out the window so fast, I never get a chance to use the newspaper anymore.

I know this one is going to cost me.........I would say Beezil but that wouldn't be politically correct and definately not fair to the dog and it sets a poor precedent. We all know Beezil isn't housebroken.

Last edited:
Back