• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help pick Team NAXJA's new racing number for King of the Hammers-

Maybe I'm just missing something, but is there some sort of signifcance to #430 other than that is the lemons racer's number? I mean, did you guys pick that number for the road racer for some reason in particular? Might make it easier to make suggestions for the new number if we know the history of the old number...
Good question.

The team is called Petty Cash Racing, which is a double entendre. It's a tribute to Richard Petty (and why the car is an actual Chrysler color, code 999 Petty Blue), and also a recognition that we operate on a very tight budget, i.e. petty cash. Richard Petty's number was always 43 (interestingly, his father's number was 42, and Kyle Petty's was 44, etc) so our plan had been to be car number 43. When we got to our first race, there was already another car with #43, so we had to rattle can on a zero to make the race. That's why the zero in our logo is slightly off kilter, it was done about 20 minutes before we took the green flag. Rather than change it later, we've just rolled with it and made it our own.

So, with the KOH car, we're trying to figure out the best way to incorporate our now iconic 430 into the 4600 class number structure. The KOH racer is going to look very similar to the LeMons car, with most of the same sponsors so we're trying to pick a number that will tie into the existing branding identity.

Hopefully that explains it. :D

-M

Hopefully that explains it. :D

Perfectly. How about just going with 4643 in large numbers and then adding a small spray painted "0" floating at the end of it. I guess it would kind of look like 4643 degrees, but I think it would pay homage to the street racer's number. Don't know if that would violate the rules or not, but if you made it small enough, I don't see why it would be a problem. Could maybe even make it a sloppy white circle with the G&G or URF logo in the middle of it to disguise it as a sticker? Shoot, you could actually make it a sticker and use it as a marketing tool!

Here's a photochop of what it will likely look like:

photo5.jpg

Yeah, it's a fake. You can tell by the pixels...

You can also tell by him saying it is a photochop.....saying it's a photochop is a dead giveaway. :)

At first I thought the decapitated body in the back was for weight distribution, but then I lol'd.

The facebook poll thing is pissing me off. I cannot vote, apparently. yay beer. 4643

Back