• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help me pick a rifle

That too but I can do that without the woman knowing. She would notice a new rifle she'll probably shit herself when she see's this one. "Whats an assault rifle? My sister said it's for killing people." "Why do you need to kill people."

That's what I said and the .40 is just so I have something to get to the closet with :)
The M1a will be so I can uhh pickoff burglars before they get to the house and a shotgun will be for when I run out of 5.56.

55gr expanding stuff is great to keep from overpenetrating walls and such. :D

89558.jpg

I've heard good things about the Marlin XL7, if it is built as well as Marlin's other rifles then it would be an excellent choice.

.308 in a bolt action?
Savage, period. The Accu-Trigger is great.
And you pay for the rifle, not for the name on the rifle...coughcoughBrowningcoughcough.....

.308 in a bolt action?
Savage, period. The Accu-Trigger is great.
And you pay for the rifle, not for the name on the rifle...coughcoughBrowningcoughcough.....

There's a reason a 91 year old machine gun still sees combat today. I can't talk for there newer designs but I would fight behind an M2 again.

There's a reason a 91 year old machine gun still sees combat today. I can't talk for there newer designs but I would fight behind an M2 again.

The kicker on them is they have not built a new receiver since before 1950 or so. Basically every one is WWII vintage. They would have to completely retool with the forging di's and the casting equipment from scratch if they wanted to build a new production run. The guy I talked to at the Arsenal that does the rebuilds said they built almost as many M2's as they did M1 rifles. Just add up how many were on every B17 [11], B29 [16], B25 [12], B24 [12], P38 [6], P51 [6], P47 [6], etc , then Navy fighters, Navy ships [well over 200 on every WWII carrier], anti-aircraft quad 50's, tanks, etc. Then the ones we lend leased to our allies.

Savage in .308. You will still have money for a scope . Remmington and Browning your paying for the name. Get a Leupold scope

If you are going for a bolt gun or a semi look at models that have a detachable magazine. Blind magazines are a PIA when you want to unload and have to cycle each round through.

Savage in .308. You will still have money for a scope . Remmington and Browning your paying for the name. Get a Leupold scope

Have you priced that stuff out lately? Buddy of mine tried pulling that crap with me and 'Savage'...until I showed him up with a better Rem 700 for $100 less. :thumbup:

How about something like a Remington 700 SPS Tactical? It's like $600 and they're very good shooters. There are a few things that I'd prefer do to one out of the box, but as they come they're quite useable. The advantage to a 700 based rifle is that the aftermarket is virtually unlimited. You can take that action and do anything with it.

How about something like a Remington 700 SPS Tactical? It's like $600 and they're very good shooters. There are a few things that I'd prefer do to one out of the box, but as they come they're quite useable. The advantage to a 700 based rifle is that the aftermarket is virtually unlimited. You can take that action and do anything with it.

Remington 700 SPS DM [detachable magazine].

Buddy has one and just did some 1000yd dope on it down South a week ago. Got some great data on his .308. ;) Sold me on one of them. It's just a bone stock 700 Varmint Synthetic with a nice scope.

Buddy has one and just did some 1000yd dope on it down South a week ago. Got some great data on his .308. ;) Sold me on one of them. It's just a bone stock 700 Varmint Synthetic with a nice scope.

I bought my fiance an SPS Tac in .308. She loves it. The stock is kind of floppy, so it'll get swapped out for something a little nicer, and the X Mark trigger is crap. If you adjust it much below 3.5# it will eat itself up. They're fine above 3.5# but they're just heavy.

Back