• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heavy duty Jeep Cherokee Fender Flares V2

$299? I'll get a set for the lower rear panel cut and folded.

Haha. Where did you see fender flares made to fit an XJ with folded rear quarter panels? That would be a really cool set of fender flares to have.

There's only one set in existence and it's a prototype right now. You can get a glimps when you open the video in the link below. We're working on getting the fitment and lines just right before it's formally introduced. It'll post up here when they're ready!

Paraleyes at Naches

I saw the spy photo of the prototype and the video.
Please put me on your list for a set.
BTW, no problem with 35s right?

Come on Doug! Hurry up! :D

Yeah, Jake has some stuff out there on another forum of the prototype. He's got a great jeep that he's put a ton of time and effort into.

Tire size is going to be a function of lift & bump-stops. My personal XJ is on 12.5x33's with 4.5" back-set wheels and a very flexy suspension that gives it about 5.5" of lift. With the sway bar disconnected the tires will push to the bottom of the fender wells, which is what I wanted. At that point, the tires will also rub against the underside of the fender flares.

Right now, Jake (Paraleyes) is doing some testing and fit adjustments to the rear flares at the quarter fold. When he gets done with that then I'll make permanent molds to produce a smooth surfaced, high quality product. We're hurrying as fast as we can!!

Doug

Why did you sale them?

Reason # 1 - I had to reuse the doors from my old XJ on my new build and they were drilled for Bushwhackers. The Napier V2 don't cover the holes. I knew that going in but thought I might weld, fill, & paint if I like the V2s.

Reason # 2 - Didn't like the fit. Looked like you would have to trim to fit the profile of your jeep. The instructions even mention that. They also mount above the bottom line of the rockers and fenders. I didn't like the look

Reason # 3 - Didn't like the hardware. Kind of cheapass black painted flat head phillps screws.

Reason # 4 - I don't think they projected far enough to cover 35's ??

Reason # 5 - Didn't like the engineering in total. The instructions were poor. They tell you to lay the flare down on some paper and make a pattern to use to locate the holes and where to cut. They even refer to Bushwacker to see how to cut. The BWs tell you where and how to go about it and where to be careful. They come with SS button head torx screws and even have a cover for the rear door sill wheel well opening to cover up the cut.

My opinion (for what it's worth) Napier wins hands down for using a very good material in their flares but falls short on fit/hardware/engineering.

This is just one guys take.

FNF

Hey FNF, sorry you didn't like the V2 Fender Flares. We try to provide plenty of information up front in any of our eBay auctions and the NPP website on what to expect of the Fender Flares. The vast majority of guys are more then pleased with the significantly greater durability of the V2 fender flares that still maintains a competitive price. So, thanks for your positive opinion on the quality of the materials and we'll continue working to improve other areas.

do you have some more pictures you could post up, I like how they look from the pictures shown but i am curious to see how the hug the rear wheel wells, hopefully ill be buying soon.

do you have some more pictures you could post up, I like how they look from the pictures shown but i am curious to see how the hug the rear wheel wells, hopefully ill be buying soon.

You'll really like the way these flares perform and how they look! Here's a link to the V2 Jeep Cherokee Fender Flares on Photobucket.

Here's a write up on BC4x4 that has some good install video and picts.

Let me know if this helps!
Doug

I'm pretty interested in these.

However, I do not like the way the rear flares go down to the quarter panel.

I run the same c4x4 bumper as this one-
flares001.jpg

And I have certainly scraped that side plate, and if you can mold them so they fit like the factory flare (ending at the bumper) I think it'd look better. Clearance is good.

I know you want feedback, so thats my 2 cents.

Love the look of the flares however!

**EDIT**- The flares paraleyes are exactly what I want! haha

Last edited:
How much do you get to trim with these flares? Is any one running these with 35's on 6" of lift? I don't care about how they look, I just need flares that will hold up, allow me to trim fairly generously and keep me legal by covering a 12.5 tire.

Back