• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Upgrade

arctycfox

NAXJA Forum User
So, my incredibly pathetic headlights promted me to buy an upgraded, high performance, replacement harness, as I've already changed to H4 E-Code housings, and it didn't help as much as I'd hoped.

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-eAutoWorkscom-189849.htm

This thing is bad ass! My headlights are at least 5 times brighter than I've ever seen them. I'm actually a little afraid to hit the high beams. The only complaint I have is that the harness has NO fuse what so ever. Who does that?!?! The rest of the harness is pretty high quality. So, I'll just have to add a nice inline fuse setup. The rest of the harness is thought out well, and easy to install. The factory harness is now just relays basically. Can't wait to get this thing on the road at night.

I also purchased some driving lights (before I knew how well the harness was going to work) and THOSE are nowhere near the quality of the other. The lights themselves seem to be pretty good (for auto parts store cheapies), but the wiring that came with them was a total JOKE! No relays, no fuse, no heat shielding, no protective wire coverings of any kind. The connectors are cheesy daisy chain type connectors. Oh well, guess you get what you pay for. So, I'm keeping the lights and building a whole harness from scratch. Hopefully when I'm all done the road will actually be visible at night.

running that harness now. did the whole conversion at once, so not sure what part did what. but my headlights are alot better. using the rampage housings. think next step will be the fatboy bulbs. havent decided if i wanted HIDs or not

I did the H4 E-code housing about 3 months ago, with high output bulbs. It did NOT help very much. The harness DID help!! Do this harness before you do HID's. You'll be surprised at the results. May not want HID's after that.

For me it's cuz I'm too ignorant and lazy to mess with electrical and pray I get it right. Time and frustration saved is well worth the cost of a new harness.

true, materials together about $10-$15. but its already together and dont have to waste time getting it all. my time is worth more then the extra $15, so buying it was the thing to do.

So i ordered the harness in the link from the OP and got it in 2 days! Holy fast shipping! Got it all installed nicely and HOLY CRAP big difference compared to what i had! and way way better then stock! Gonna be nice to be able to see at night!

does this kit work with the stock lights, or do you have to upgrade the lights to use this kit? If so, which lights do you all recommend?

Back