• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hdd data recovery?

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have the capabilities to do this? my secondary hdd seems to have crapped out. it is recognized in the bios and hardware manager, but not in the disk manager. it still spins, and does not make any bad sounds. there's roughly 40-50 gig worth of data i'd like to try to get back.

thanks

You can also try throwing the drive in the freezer for a couple of hours and then hooking it up and booting the machine.

This will only work a few times but will often help you recover the data that you're after.

You can also try throwing the drive in the freezer for a couple of hours and then hooking it up and booting the machine.

This will only work a few times but will often help you recover the data that you're after.

Yeah, more than once and the HDD starts getting chewy when you re-heat it......

:D

I read about people doing this. Is it more related to a mechanical issue, or will it (maybe)work regardless of failure mode?

Back