• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Happy birthday JnJ

Happy Birthday John....

Long time no talk.

XJGrl (more like HATESDRIVINGTHISDAMNPOSGRL now tho) :D

JnJ said:
Cool, can I join NAXJOFA now or do I have to be 40 first?
Sorry, gotta be 40 or older to qualify as an old fart :D Now you've got something to look forward to :rolleyes: As they say, getting older sure beats the alternative. :cheers:

HaHa.......It's not the Jeep....I am begining to think that IIII am the problem!

No....honestly....I am tired of the ride I get with MTs......running about 6" in the rear and 5" in the front.....with 32s....its just an uncontrollable POS. I am beyond caring at this point.....havent wheeled the jeep much at all since the sami became bad-ass.....going to get 31" ATs....and maybe take off some lift once the weather turns nice....no sense in suffering anymore.

Been fun though!

Em :sunshine:

XJGrl said:
HaHa.......It's not the Jeep....I am begining to think that IIII am the problem!

No....honestly....I am tired of the ride I get with MTs......running about 6" in the rear and 5" in the front.....with 32s....its just an uncontrollable POS. I am beyond caring at this point.....havent wheeled the jeep much at all since the sami became bad-ass.....going to get 31" ATs....and maybe take off some lift once the weather turns nice....no sense in suffering anymore.

Been fun though!

Em :sunshine:

Yup sounds like you mod'ed it to the point where it's not a good DD any more. You can do like you say and take it down a little, or get another DD and build it to challlenge the Sami! :) BTW with that lift you can still make it drive/ride nice on the road, but it does involve more Mods. Red at 7+" rode better then it did at 4+". Now we'll see how the MJ does.

Ok, sorry to get off Birthday topic....but....

Whats the newest and hottest stuff in steering for my height? I am still running Rusty's straight tie-rod set-up....and I personally think that could be the route of all evil. Already replaced all of the (ball joints?) once....and at least one is creakin' and howlin' at me again. Right now my steering is making an awful lot of noise......Corey looked while I steered and said he thought the joint going to the pitman arm was showing a little looseness......

Overall, I don't wanna drop a lot more money into this thing. I did the SYE a while ago with no noticable improvement.....tires have ALWAYS been a major issue for me (thats why i am going to try ATs).....and now my gas mileage has taken a turn for the worst (going to check engine stuff this weekend to weed that out if i can)....I know that regearing is the first and best answer......what else? what else?

Thanks JNJ.......ain't never been the same since you skipped town!

Em

39?!? And we gave him the vote? Still got milk on his breath. :jester: I'll mail ya a snowflake, we seem to have a couple extra lying around...
Happy BD :wave1:

XJGrl said:
Ok, sorry to get off Birthday topic....but....

Whats the newest and hottest stuff in steering for my height? I am still running Rusty's straight tie-rod set-up....and I personally think that could be the route of all evil. Already replaced all of the (ball joints?) once....and at least one is creakin' and howlin' at me again. Right now my steering is making an awful lot of noise......Corey looked while I steered and said he thought the joint going to the pitman arm was showing a little looseness......

Overall, I don't wanna drop a lot more money into this thing. I did the SYE a while ago with no noticable improvement.....tires have ALWAYS been a major issue for me (thats why i am going to try ATs).....and now my gas mileage has taken a turn for the worst (going to check engine stuff this weekend to weed that out if i can)....I know that regearing is the first and best answer......what else? what else?

Thanks JNJ.......ain't never been the same since you skipped town!

Em

Check out this link:

Clicky Here
That is basically the setup I went with. Shacker Built, Local to VA, can build the links (Tierod, Draglink) for about $100 then ya gotta buy the TREs and get the knuckles and pitman arm reamed. Sounds like a lot of work, but it's not and it really isn't that expensive. I forgot what you are running for front links, CA Drop Brackets, longarms? At your lift height either of these will help the on road ride a ton. HTH.

Happy Birthday Ol' Man. Sorry I'm a day late but I was out wheelin' yesterday.

Are you planning on draggin' that old butt of yours up to Paragon for NAC Fest? It's been awhile since most of us have seen your ugly mug at a event.

Scott Mac. said:
Happy Birthday Ol' Man. Sorry I'm a day late but I was out wheelin' yesterday.

Are you planning on draggin' that old butt of yours up to Paragon for NAC Fest? It's been awhile since most of us have seen your ugly mug at a event.
Thanks Scott, ya it's been a while since I've wheeled. I'm in the middle of swapping stuff from Red to the MJ now. With the new job I get no vacation for the first year so you know I wont be coming way up there.
I hope to get my crap done and bugs worked out on some of our local stuff and then maybe get something going at Disney Ok or somewhere else somewhat near by.

Back