• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Handy use of a gun

cutting glass is oldskool, my company doesnt do it. im a tempered man.
whenever you work w/ oldskool glazers, you look at their arms, and theyre just laced w/ scars. no thanks!
raw glass brings the suck.

another quick poper is porcelin. when im breaking windows, its usually at the end of the day and i just want it done, im not going to the car to get a breaking tool, im gonna reach for the mallet in my toolbags.

x2. I'm all for gun rights, but I don't think someone like that should carry a gun. Or drive, for that matter.

I don't know what being scared off the road by a phone has to do with someone carrying a gun. Your correlation between him being retarded driver and shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun is a huge stretch.

He used what he had immediate access to.

Last edited:
If I wrecked in my truck and couldn't get out, I'd be all for shooting out my windows if it wasn't a populated area. If it was populated, I'd just unholster my Glock and smack it against the window. That'd work.. lol

I'm sure he and I aren't the only ones who think an armed guard who panics that easily should be in a different line of work.

So armed guard means he's never allowed to be spooked/scared/surprised by anything, ever? He's still human. Being spooked also had absolutely nothing to do with his carrying of a gun. He wasn't spooked and pulled the trigger uncontrollably to shoot out the window.

Had he used a tire iron to bust out the window would you suggest he shouldn't be allowed to use hand tools? No? Didn't think so. But he used a gun, to save his life. Yeap, chastise him for reasons you can't backup, just your unfounded opinion.

The fact that he was startled enough by his phone ringing to drive off the road is what bothers me. Not that he used the gun to break the window.

The fact that he was startled enough by his phone ringing to drive off the road is what bothers me. Not that he used the gun to break the window.

x2. I don't have a problem with him shooting out his window. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to smash it with the gun first and failed. But if a ringing phone causes you to jump so badly that you drive off the road in to a creek, how will you react in a high stress situation where a gun may need to be used? I'm not saying the government should ban him from owning one. I just hope that someone like that will recognize his limitations and decide not to carry.

That's what bothered me about this when I first read the article, yea it's great example of quick thinking to use that gun to get out of a sinking vehicle, but that he was freaked out enough by his own ring tone that he crashed his vehicle to put him in that position is what's disconcerting:shiver:

You guys are all relying on his statement as being 100% truth. I'm betting there's more to the story than just his phone scaring him. I'm betting he said what he did to try and avoid as much trouble with the law and insurance company as he could. Either way, it's still careless driving on his part.

In which case, it's something even dumber( or perhaps illegal) than just panicking when his phone turned off, which makes him being armed at all times an even worse idea.

besides, its not like he really got scared, or freaked out when his phone rang, the word your looking for is 'distracted'. Thats all it takes!

Unfortunately, I think the young man that saved his own life with a loaded handgun inside of a motor vehicle in CA is subject to arrest for transporting a firearm and ammunition in his vehicle, accessible to an occupant, without the firearm being disassembled so it isn't usable.

Too bad, but that is life in the PRCA.
Not true. While in uniform, to and from work, a licensed gun card carrying security guard may have his loaded weapon in his duty belt.

In which case, it's something even dumber( or perhaps illegal) than just panicking when his phone turned off, which makes him being armed at all times an even worse idea.

That has to be the worse connection using projection of events, ever.

xcm said:
besides, its not like he really got scared, or freaked out when his phone rang, the word your looking for is 'distracted'. Thats all it takes!
BINGO! How much you wanna bet the guys will now chime in and say he shouldn't carry a gun because something as simple as a phone distracting him means random thing's that could distract him on his job are going to end up in his use of a gun in a bad way?

I think any cars with power windows should be required to carry a self centering spring punch in the glove box or somewhere else accessible to the driver or passengers.

out of all the cell phones i've had none of them ever starteled me while driving. and i always had the ringers turned all the way up!!!

i'm willin to bet (as stated before) he was doin soemthing that would have gottin him into MORE trouble for his wreckin of the suv, and his statement isnt all true!

i used to work in a glass plant & "playing" with huge sheets of glass was always fun! either before or after it was tempered! tossing the stuff into the dumpsters was a blast! some of it just shattered completely while other pieces it never even scratched!

hittin it anywhere but the edges you had fun POUNDING on, just a light tap on the edge... it was gone!

Last edited:
Well, regardless of what he was doing; startled, scared, asleep, masturbating, whatever,...

We can all agree he's not as bad as the guy who drove his Bugatti into that lake. :D

Back