• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Halloweenie in Wellsville Oct 12-15

i have no lockers and only 33's so i signed up for aggressive.. but im sure that can change...and my other jeep only has 31's and no lockers.. im just siked to go

I'll sign up for modified, but depending on the trail conditions might run aggressive.
Don't have tires for mud, so if it's wet I'll run the easier stuff.

Taken from another forum about this event:

As far as trail sign ups - there are really no "beginner" trails or hardcore trails there. There are bypasses around just about every obstacle, so it really won't matter which trail selection you sign up for, everyone will at some point in time encounter the same path. The question will be whether or not you choose to take the line to the left, or the line to the right.

If you want to insure you ride with someone, make sure you both choose the same trail ride though, and have both parties write the others names for whom you wish to ride with.

Wow, first time I have been on this site since I sold my XJ. Glad to here some of you guys and gals will be coming down for this. Even happier to see some of you guys running the extreme group. I will have a Gold/Orange colored TJ on D60s with probably 39.5 iroks. Hopefully not in the same position.
Badlands_RTCC_034.jpg

that's an awesome pic.
I may have some real tires by then and not b wheeling with all seasons.
If that's the case me and my detroit will try out some harder stuff :D

Wellsville can as hard or easy as you want it to be. I have seen more than a few XJ's on all terains and do very well there even in the pouring down rain. I'm sure you will have a good time. Do you guys plan on camping or staying at a hotel?

i will be camping...i cant wait...

there should be 2 jeeps w/ me

this is my black one..the one w/ the stroker..

jeep1.jpg

and this one will be driven by my father...its currently my daily driver though

jeepbuild053.jpg

both of which have all terrain tires..so it will be interesting to see how they run

XJHOX said:
Wellsville can as hard or easy as you want it to be. I have seen more than a few XJ's on all terains and do very well there even in the pouring down rain. I'm sure you will have a good time. Do you guys plan on camping or staying at a hotel?
I wish I had all terrains, I'm talking straight highway tires.

i'll be camping for sure. i'm not going to miss all the fun.:cheers:

i'll be driving this. i'm doing mostly extreme trails. i'll be there thrusday evening thru sunday afternoon so i may mix it up and do some easier ones to.
DSC02379.jpg

being pulled by this
Pig-Gig-Pre-06_0001.jpg

and i'll have these guys with me. not sure what trails they are running. i'm guessing the Red TJ will be running Extreme and the Khaki TJ running Aggressive

normal_DSC02397.jpg

P7160025.jpg

Last edited:
I love it! Ford and Jeep people. Gotta love that 4 lettered junk. I might try to show up early Friday, but I'm not gonna count on that. You wont be able to miss us when we come in.
truck_200.jpg

must be nice to have money...but if you guys need any kind of accessorie for your ford's, hit me up at camp..ill give you a catalog full of goodies.

XJawgi said:
must be nice to have money...but if you guys need any kind of accessorie for your ford's, hit me up at camp..ill give you a catalog full of goodies.

always need more stuff :D

XJHOX - That truck is badass! :greensmok

For anyone that is comeing to this event please keep a eye on Northeastcrawlers.com website for more info. There is alot of land being bought over there and in some spots there starting to crack down. The event is still on but please keep up to date. I would hate for you guys to travel and then get there and the main ways to get in are blocked. It looks like they have permission from one the land owners to enter on his land. http://www.northeastcrawlers.com/necforum/showthread.php?t=3848 Still hope to see you guys there.

Well doesnt that suck. First time there and probably will be the last. You cant really blame the owners of the land, they are probably like instant millionaires. i just hope the event will still be as fun as i anticipate it to be.

Hey Guys,

As of now Halloweenie is still on. We have paid the owner of the Forbidden Zone "campground" (using that term loosley) to bring our vehicles into the trails through his property.

I personally went down there a few days ago and talked to one of the major land owners, Amos Rawson. Rawson said that effective immediately the main staging area is closed, as well as all trails leading up to the top of the hill from the staging area. This includes Train Track Hill, Escape Route (AKA "The V" and a few others. This only effects 480 acres out of the 2,500 there is to wheel on. Will the rest of the areas ble closed off soon? Probably as the Columbiana County Port Authority is promoting the area as an intermodal transportation hub due to it's proximity to the Ohio river and availibility of cheap, undeveloped land.

Rawson has leased 480 acres of his land out to the state to be used as a land fill for silt dredged from the Maumee river. Plans are to dump 1 million tons of silt per year for the next 10 years.

Rawson, from Twinsburg, OH, is already a MULTI Millionaire and is part owner in a C&E Coal Co, and A&L Salvage. I'm sure the money that could be generated by an off-road park would be nothing to him...especially when compared to what he is looking to gain from a state contract.

Rumor is that the owner of the Oak Tree Sportsman's club (another entrance to the trails) will be selling his land off to a company who eill be building a facility to process coal into diesel fuel and JP8.

So...the future of the trails at Wellsville looks pretty bleak. It is still open at the present, however.

Should the situation change, we will call everyone to let them know if we need to cancel. At this point I do not see that happening.

To keep up with all the halloweenie news be sure to check out the forum located at www.jeepinohio.com/halloweenie06

Thanks,
-Jason J. Crawford

On who's calendar? :D HW has always been held the week before Halloween. We changed it to a week earlier this year hoping for better weather :)

Back