• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grin's WJ Build Thread

wow, that sucks but at least it works!

My bet - since they are VRM type sensors, all they really amount to is a coil, a steel armature, and a rare earth magnet internally. It doesn't particularly matter which way you plug them in most likely, so they played it fast and loose with which wire was power and which wire was signal over the years and no one cares till they try to do something "interesting" with the system.

FrankZ one-offed me some of his XJ sliderZ for the WJ over the weekend -- woot!
P4200230.jpg

Lots of pinch seam attachment:
P4200231.jpg

Solid to the "frame":
P4200232.jpg

Thanks Frank, lord knows when I would have found the time to do it myself!
P4200233.jpg

hi-jacking bastids!

you know it brotha.

way to save yourself from a hi-jack-knuckle-slap, Cody ;) Thanks for organizing the M&G today -- sorry I couldn't stay longer!

way to save yourself from a hi-jack-knuckle-slap, Cody ;) Thanks for organizing the M&G today -- sorry I couldn't stay longer!
haha, i was going to writ that before i asked frank for stickers, but if i didn't, i would have forgotten! :D

no problem man! I'm glad it turned out so good!:thumbup:
i had to leave early too. I'm drawing up a tattoo to do tonight.
so no worries!

those 37's? too big for me, but other than the front bumper, I like the style. Nice clean fender trim. I think I'll have slightly less black ... I'm shooting for a look a lot like that trailhawk I posted last week, except in rescue green... LCOG, little up travel. I think I'm getting back to my Greality roots -- low and slow, man.

Ya 37's. a bit much. 35's tops. And not those ridiculous pit bull tires. More so just how clean that thing is.

bumpers are much more difficult on WJs than XJs, because WJs are so much rounder -- that one's a perfect example. Its a really nice bumper, but all the angles look weird on a WJ. I have a concept in my head, we'll see if I can pull it off in steel -- I'll in large part be replicating the stock plastic...

I've always wondered about building a bumper under the factory skin. It's there if needed. Protects the valuable parts. But is hidden under the factory skin.
Dunno if it would be worth scratching up the bumper ya just trimmed to save aesthetics or to lose aesthetics and replace the bumper.
I think that would be way to go on the rear for sure.

Yeah, the integrated tire carrier that dutch and Jim put on the back of Jim's rig under his bumper was pretty slick...

Definitely. I wonder how hard it would be for up front to get some tube to follow the contours of the bumper. Kind of like a skeleton if that makes sense.

Back