• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand Junction info

azdesertrhino

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for some current info on living in Grand Junction. I've looked at weather and stuff on the internet but would like to hear from some real people.

Weather extremes, traffic, housing costs and general information.

Tried searching our forum and keep getting "page can not be displayed".

TIA! :patriot:

azdesertrhino said:
Looking for some current info on living in Grand Junction. I've looked at weather and stuff on the internet but would like to hear from some real people.

Weather extremes, traffic, housing costs and general information.

Tried searching our forum and keep getting "page can not be displayed".

TIA! :patriot:
Grand Junction info..... Housing is comparable to Denver prices as of late. You can expect to pay anywhere from $175,000 to $270,000 for a single family ranch 1500-2000 sf.

Traffic... 15-20 minutes from one side of town to the other. There are several bottlenecks to avoid. But all in all travel in not a problem within town or the surrounding areas.

Weather... mild winters with little to no snow. I rarely wear a heavy jacket,usually a fleece type pullover will do for warmth.

Outdoor activities are what is best about the GJ area. Gold Medal fishing more more than 40 min away. Skiing- Vail, Aspen, Powderhorn,1-2.5 hrs away depending on where you go. Hunting- Elk, Mule deer, mountain lion, bear. Mountain biking out in the Fruita area.

Moab is only 90 min away. Not to mention, Billings Canyon, 21 road, for offroad activities.

What else would you like to know.

Send me a PM and I could tell ya more.

How big is the city? Lot's of construction/growth? It seems like it's in the middle of nowhere to me, lol. I'm from Florida but I go skiing almost every year, although I've never been west of Vail. I really love Colorado and have been thinking about moving out there lately, but the only real cities I've been to are Denver and Colorado Springs. I really wanna get out there for the summer and do some more exploring, maybe I'll get stuck out there and never come back to hot muggy orlando.

Trail Rated said:
How big is the city? Lot's of construction/growth? It seems like it's in the middle of nowhere to me, lol. I'm from Florida but I go skiing almost every year, although I've never been west of Vail. I really love Colorado and have been thinking about moving out there lately, but the only real cities I've been to are Denver and Colorado Springs. I really wanna get out there for the summer and do some more exploring, maybe I'll get stuck out there and never come back to hot muggy orlando.

It is in the middle of nowhere, but the largest city/town between Denver and Salt Lake.
Some news article came out this week that Gj was ranked 15th on the growth charts (nationally) for the last 5 years or so. Primarily due to oil field, nat gas industry. Lots of oil industry in this area.
The city is only about 40,000 proper. Add all the little towns (Clifton, Orchard Mesa, Fruitvale, Palisades) makes the area about 100k+ and growing.

Hmmm, I gotta check out GJ. Denver is nice, only because of the mountains to the west... GJ is surrounded by awesome landscapes and a lot more isolated. What is the elevation there anyways? I'm pretty sure my Jeep would love it there. I'll be done with college in a year now so my time is getting closer to make a decision... I just hate to leave the ocean behind. If only the Atlantic began just past denver that would be perfect.

Back