• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got XJ stuck on test drive minor damages.. how should I handle this? + clutch problem

Re: Got XJ stuck on test drive minor damages.. how should I handle this? + clutch problem

i wouldn't get him a new anything... find the parts out of a junk yard. this way everything on the jeep will be of the same era :yap:
and actually hand him parts, not $$ as the $$ is just going to end up in his pocket.

just my .02

Re: Got XJ stuck on test drive minor damages.. how should I handle this? + clutch problem

I say screw em. Go find a shock from a junkyard and give him a can of spray paint. BFH for the muffler. Sounds like this guy has been taking you for a ride since day one.

90Pioneer said:
So he calls back several hours later and says he wants $1500 for it.
So every time I talk with this guy somehow there is more BS that is wrong with the jeep, supposedly all caused by me.

Here's what I'm willing to do:
I will buy him another shock, a new muffler, and a new front drive shaft seal. All of this should be about $100. I will pay for the parts only. If he doesnt accept that, then too bad for him. Does that sound pretty fair?

I think you are being very fair.

The seller is getting flakey so it's time to move on, especially since he isn't coming down on price. If he wants you to pay for more "damage", don't do it, you may not have damaged anything in the first place.

From personal experience I have found that things often break during test drives or right after you buy a used car. Why? Because the vehicle hasn't been driven hard and you are just "breaking things loose" that haven't been exercised for years.

Good luck in your Cherokee search!

Mike

Back