• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my AR almost built...

I like magpul but I don't plan on going too crazy with all the stuff. It starts to look like an airsoft or paintball gun pretty quick but it's all personal opinion.

I like the MOE hand guards more than the rail setup. I know a lot of people love having rails but then just cover them with rail covers... I figure this way I can add small rails where I need to mount something, if I need to mount something.

It is after all mostly a toy, I don't think in a home defense situation I am going to grab the rifle. I would be sending .223 through the neighbors walls. So, I don't see a comparison to what the military or swat uses, I don't have their needs in this rifle.

Decking out a rifle making it something that someone else feels it shouldn't be is personal preference. It also sounds a lot like lifting a cherokee trying to make it something it's not meant to be but here we all are ; p .

Black rifles are scary

Needs wood

IMG_0530.jpg

Wow. I didn't think I'd like an AR with wood. But I gotta say, that's kinda sexy........ in a well-financed redneck sorta way. :thumbup:

Wow. I didn't think I'd like an AR with wood. But I gotta say, that's kinda sexy........ in a well-financed redneck sorta way. :thumbup:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Well-financed is right... just that SS barrel is $$$:shocked:

Get some contact paper with a wood pattern and put it on the hi cap mags, just for fun.

Looks good!

Have a carbine upper with wood forestock as well. Need to post a pic of that fappage for yella and eks

Next ar project.......308

Wood furniture to be sure.

I just got some ammo ordered today, 180 rounds of penetrating 5.56 and 200 rounds of the new polymer coated wolf .223. I never thought I would be shooting wolf ammo but at the price I have to give it a shot to hit paper with. Everything I read says the polymer coated wolf ammo is good to go. I also have some WWB varmint .223 incase some coyotes stroll by ehhe.

Never had good luck with wolf before, but it has been a while since I tried it, they may have improved.

However, I have been using TULammo in my 45 lately. $11.50 for 50 rounds, I have gone through over 1000 rounds without an issue

My next AR I build is going to be a AR10. I just sold one this week, so as long as I dont spend the money on jeep parts, I should be getting started soon

Do want an AR-10, until then I'll have to live with the M1 for my high-power fix
Black rifles are scary

Needs wood

Ironwood Designs wood?
Never had good luck with wolf before, but it has been a while since I tried it, they may have improved.

However, I have been using TULammo in my 45 lately. $11.50 for 50 rounds, I have gone through over 1000 rounds without an issue

Wolf is much improved. you've been shooting it in your .45
regular wolf ammo is made by Tula. Only the wolf gold and match stuff is different.

I have no problem with wolf in my .40 xd. Good reports in 5.56?

I have no problem with wolf in my .40 xd. Good reports in 5.56?

It's okay for plinking as long as the target isn't too far. Clean your rifle after you shoot it to keep the carbon build up from causing jams. The problem with steel cases is they don't expand and seal the chamber like brass does. The chamber becomes fouled much worse and much quicker than firing brass cased ammo.

Not to mention steel on the extractor. It'll wear stuff down faster...so know what you're getting into. ;)

That said, none of that isht gets run through my guns. :D

my AK seems to love it. More accurate than the yugo surplus I was shooting. man sized targets at 200 yrds are not a problem. That's all you can ask for an AK built in my basement with a welder and a hammer.

I like magpul but I don't plan on going too crazy with all the stuff. It starts to look like an airsoft or paintball gun pretty quick but it's all personal opinion.

I like the MOE hand guards more than the rail setup. I know a lot of people love having rails but then just cover them with rail covers... I figure this way I can add small rails where I need to mount something, if I need to mount something.

It is after all mostly a toy, I don't think in a home defense situation I am going to grab the rifle. I would be sending .223 through the neighbors walls. So, I don't see a comparison to what the military or swat uses, I don't have their needs in this rifle.

Decking out a rifle making it something that someone else feels it shouldn't be is personal preference. It also sounds a lot like lifting a cherokee trying to make it something it's not meant to be but here we all are ; p .

I've been running a Mag Pul AFG on a rifle length upper for a while now. It takes some getting used to to adopt the technique but I have found through hours of training and several hundred rounds that it serves it's purpose well for CQB purposes.

I also know and have trained under one of the primary instructors for Mag Pul. Company knows there shit and assure you that thier people know thier's too and have the real world knowledge to back it up.

Not to mention steel on the extractor. It'll wear stuff down faster...so know what you're getting into. ;)

That said, none of that isht gets run through my guns. :D

Iv'e run 1000's of it through mine with no problems. I also change out extractors every 4000 rounds and springs are checked and replaced as needed also. I always try to explain to people that guns are like Jeeps, if you use em you got to clean em and perform the necessary maintance to keep em running and not breaking down on ya weather its on the trail or at the range.

Iv'e run 1000's of it through mine with no problems. I also change out extractors every 4000 rounds and springs are checked and replaced as needed also. I always try to explain to people that guns are like Jeeps, if you use em you got to clean em and perform the necessary maintance to keep em running and not breaking down on ya weather its on the trail or at the range.

PM's, for sure...or your stuff will fall apart when you really need it to work. ;)

Part of the fun is always bringing the gun home and tearing it down and cleaning it after shooting. I don't see how people will brag or want to seem proud about not cleaning their guns.

Back