• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gorman svra saturday morn.

i was kind of worried at first, but i've read a few threads via google that reassured me that i should be ok with my flexy jeep =) i wish there was more people going! im only counting 3 rigs so far.

2000 xj 4" lift with a bastard pack in the rear, 33x10.50 bfg at's, IRO double sheer track bar, open diff's and pretty much no armor. im still workin on building my front bumper to have a tow point up front. but i have another option for front extraction if needed. i've used it once before w/o a problem.

from what i read, there is a high road for any part i cant get past so im not trippin

2000 xj 4" lift with a bastard pack in the rear, 33x10.50 bfg at's, IRO double sheer track bar, open diff's and pretty much no armor. im still workin on building my front bumper to have a tow point up front. but i have another option for front extraction if needed. i've used it once before w/o a problem.

from what i read, there is a high road for any part i cant get past so im not trippin
max you should have no problems especially with the by passes, i dont think im going to be able to make it i have to do some stucco work tomorrow, if you want to avoid the entrance fee just go in through frasier park and run miller first then you will end up in gorman.

From what I hear, Ted is all about the bypasses too :laugh2:

cheap you goin tomorrow?

hey i have a map of gorman pretty much and like jesse said, you dont have to go into hungry valley, miller jeep trail is actually outside of hungry valley, its off lockwood

it would be out of the way and alot longer trip to go into hungry valley first. im not even a 100% you can get thru to miller jeep starting in HV

but imma need some sort of way to contact someone ... im kind of flying blind here.

over an hour late at that... we were sitting there for well over an hour waiting. the other guys in the group had to be somewhere so they were on a tight time frame, i followed simply cuz they knew the trail and that was what today was all about... no hard feelings, we didnt want to leave w/o you

Well I would like to clear up the time thing. It says in the very first post that the meeting time was 9a.m. the late time cal called me to tell me they were going to go with out me was @9:28. So an hour last not hardly. When cal decided to go I was about 3 min from smoky bear road. Prob 10 min out from flyin J. Regaurdless I
have never have left without someone on a trail run and even more so if I know for a fact they are coming. But that's just me. Also I didn't even know cal was coiming to run miller anyways. Hell with it. Glad u guys enjoyed the trail.

Peace
Ted

I hope the 'Cal Followers' see this!!!

I hope the 'Cal Followers' see this!!!

You mean I missed an opportunity to follow Cal? :(

It's kind of ironic how Ted set up the run and he was left behind.... :O

Comunnication is key.

if no one calls me to tell me that they're running late, I usually leave about a half hour after the meeting time.

E

Last edited:
There was coomunication A LOT in coming calls from cal
@
8:28
8:35
8:40
8:57
9:22
9:28

The last call is when his dad was on the phone telling me they were in a time crunch. And they were deciding to leave with out me and wanted me to "catch up" on a trail I had never been on nor was I prep ired to go because me ans maxx talked and we were just going to do gorman. Anyways I'm not trying to put anyone down I am only stating the truth.

Peace
Ted

Stuff happens, I try to not leave people behind if I know they actually are comming but I set a meeting and leaving time and stick to them unless some one is having a problem mechanicly, if your under that big of a time crunch why are you out wheeling? Stuff happens on the trail as we all experience breakage and malfunctions from time to time.

No one said we wanted you to catch up on the trail.

To start with, we weren't going out to go on your run. We had planned to be on the trail before 8am, were running 30 minutes late so decided to wait for you after seeing your run posted late last night. An hour later when you still hadn't arrived and weren't sure how far away you were, I got the "we are going now" judgement call. Called to see where you were, and you said "just go". I was just out for a drive with my dad, and tried (failingly so..) to include you. =)

*shrug*

there will be other wheeling trips.

Back