• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goodyear DuraTrac tire review:

Just put a set of 33's on my xj and I love them so far. Only about 500 miles on them though but we'll see how things go this winter when the weather hits.

100_0938.jpg

I love mine. Have had them since last November. This pic is with almost 20k miles on them.
Best tire for snow IMO.

I don't do any rock crawling so I can't speak on that, mostly mudding and trails and plenty of Daily driving. They are great in the rain and snow. They are very quiet on the highway and ride soft and comfortable, they do quite well in the mud and clear themselves well. I would definatly recommend them.

I am thinking of getting these for my XJ when I get back, 235/75-15 or 30x9.5, not sure which yet.

Thought I'd drop my opinion on these tires..
I picked up a set of these duratracks on black Friday, 285/75-16 load e flavor. Just under 950 for the set from sears.
Well mounting them was a real pain, the built in rim protector wouldn't allow the tire to stretch enough to mount it. 15 min with a heat gun fixed that.
Balancing them was the next pain, it took twice as much weight to balance them as my previous mickey mtz's.
I've out about 750 miles on them so far, and the ride and handling of them is much better than I expected. I thought being a load e tire they would ride like a tank, turns out they're no worse than my mickeys. They roll much better and are quiet on the street. There's a slight hum at highway speed but not enough to worry me. I've had these in some mud and light snow so far and didn't have any issues. The mud would clump a little but with a little spin they cleared right off.
The look of these blows my mind, I need thought they'd look so nice. I've had quite a few fellow jeepers stop and ask about them.
Not sure about how long they'll last but from what I hear it should be awhile. I would defiantly recommend these for a double duty rig.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.450738,-79.897520

I have a small update. I haven't wheeled my tires too much yet but I have 4,000 miles or so on them now. I like them, they seem to be wearing fine but one of them has developed a small leak. I have to air my tire up every few days. I'll have to figure out some way to fix the leak.

Back