• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good person Test

That test didn't even get the 10 commandments right. "Do not lie" is NOT one of the ten commandment. It's "don't bear false witness against thy neighbor." A very different idea.

This post has changed my entire outlook on life. My beliefs have completely changed because of this thread, It has truely saved my soul, Im saved, I believe. Who wouldve thought that a simple post on a Jeep message board would result in the changing of my whole belief structure? Cudos to the original poster for knowing that Im just simple minded and confused enough about my own beliefs that I need his input. Thank you. Now I need to go spread the word of god to other lost and confused souls.

...............................................NOT...................................................

What the fawk is this?
I dont need to be reminded that I am going to hell.:firedevil

what a waste of time!!!!

If I lied on the test, does that mean I'm going to end up with super-secret triple-dog damnation?

Luke 6:37: "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven." A fairly basic tenet of Christianity that seems to have been forgotten amongst the self-righteousness and proselytising so prevalent today.

While I would never renounce my faith, I will say that things like this make it easy to understand why so many people are hostile towards those with religious beliefs.

the test is to show us that we need God. its funny to me to see people get all uptight when God and christianity comes up. non-believers say that i am weak and need a crutch, when i talk about God. i say yes thats true. who wants to go through life and not have someone to lean on. i pray all the time and try to be a christ-like person, but i will admit i am still a sinner because i am human. the differance is now i am accepted by my God becuase i belive i am washed clean by what jesus did on the cross for me and anyone who wants to accept it.

Sorry, but without being too much of a realist.... you may be fish, and are relying on crap written 2000 or so years ago to govern your life.

If you need 'some made up person' to "lean on," then you have much larger issues than posting on the iterwebs thingy. You *are* going to hell. No doubt about it.

What Jesus did, or did not do is not the issue. Everyday he mops the floors where I live. Jesus is a good guy, IMHO.

moneypitxj said:
the test is to show us that we need God. its funny to me to see people get all uptight when God and christianity comes up. non-believers say that i am weak and need a crutch, when i talk about God. i say yes thats true. who wants to go through life and not have someone to lean on. i pray all the time and try to be a christ-like person, but i will admit i am still a sinner because i am human. the differance is now i am accepted by my God becuase i belive i am washed clean by what jesus did on the cross for me and anyone who wants to accept it.

Hoboken Hobo said:
Sorry, but without being too much of a realist.... you may be fish, and are relying on crap written 2000 or so years ago to govern your life.

If you need 'some made up person' to "lean on," then you have much larger issues than posting on the iterwebs thingy. You *are* going to hell. No doubt about it.

What Jesus did, or did not do is not the issue. Everyday he mops the floors where I live. Jesus is a good guy, IMHO.

Yea, I know a few Jesus' that work hard:gee:

JoesXJ said:
334kwpl.jpg
But god is good? LOL

334kwpl.jpg

this is not because of God. this is the product of a sinful world.
if the world was perfect, we would not need God.

Hoboken Hobo said:
But god is good? LOL

Doesn't back your position very well Glenn, you forgot about opposition in all things. If it weren't for occasional exposure to bad.....how would one recognize all the good that goes on in the world?

moneypitxj said:
this is not because of God. this is the product of a sinful world.
if the world was perfect, we would not need God.

sinful? OMG! LOL. You just keep on thinking that. Go ahead. And if you get ran over by a bus, train, taxi, drunk driver.... we can say your death is because YOU are sinful.

XJEEPER said:
Doesn't back your position very well Glenn, you forgot about opposition in all things. If it weren't for occasional exposure to bad.....how would one recognize all the good that goes on in the world?

Sorry, I do not need man-made fictional characters to back any position. Fiction is just that: fiction.

blahblahblahblahblah.... :bs:

It's between you and your maker. PLEASE, keep it that way or go find a JFC forum... Sheesh. !!!1

Hoboken Hobo said:
Sorry, I do not need man-made fictional characters to back any position. Fiction is just that: fiction.

Back to your post, which implies "that if there really was a God, and he loved us, bad things would never happen?" I can't buy that, any more than I can buy that those events listed are solely a byproduct of a sinful world.

Historical observation only, no mention of deity. Good VS Evil has always been around since this world was. 2000 years ago, 200 or 20, bad stuff has been happening to good people. So has good stuff.

Back