• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good offroad lights for around $50

nope, as far as i know, your gonna have to mount the ballasts to the rack as well.... between the ballast and the bulb is high voltage, so your kinda stuck using their wire harness... DO keep us updated if you find a work around though.

I wonder how much voltage it is? I wonder if 500v rated wire would prevent arcing/shorts. It surely can't be more than a typical neon light. I'm gonna have to scour waytek.

i think the longer wire will also mess with stuff as well, im no electrical expert, maybe 5-90 will show up...

i do know this debate has been gone over ammong the desert racing community, and even the high dollar trophy trucks run their ballasts up on the lightbar... so good luck!
the ballasts are bling anyway, dunno why youd want to hide em.

i picked mine up for like $120, check your local craigslist, or tcm_glx in socal can sort you out. not sure about current prices...3

you need an h3 retrofit kit for the hellas.

KC daylighters.....

well, there goes the idea of $50 lights!, but at least they are fantastic!
when going fast in the desert, even with my poor vision im never left thinking 'i wish i had more light'.

current setup is 2 IPF headlights, and 2 hella 500's hid, its a really nice combo i think.
maybe im just not going fast enough!!

2 KC daylighters for $100. you said lights for around $50. there you go. $50 each.

KC daylighters for sure, I have 4 KC lights on my rig... love em' hell i think i like the lights more then the bumper they came on (wink wink.. ^ )

My buddy has 3 pairs of lights on his rig, 1 set of KCs, 1 set of Wrangler fogs, and then a set of cheapos. Plus the Hella H4 headlights, I can tell you right now, My rig lights up the trail much more then his does.

give that bumper any use? im sure you used the hell out of those lights. I used to drive on the freeway blacked out with them only on. not another car in site and could still see a mile down the highway.

have i used the bumper? hahahahahaha Its ahell of alot stronger then it looks. Personally think its kinda ugly, but i cant bring myself to replace it with how strong it is. Its been beat to sh*t and it still looks like it did the day i got it from ya, anything from pushing small trees over, to Using the added tow point for towing my rig home with a strap 108 miles. (yes, 108 miles towing with a strap)

hell yea man, glad to see its getting put to use. the 1 or 2 years it was on my rig i only scratched it and thats when i was trying to climb the 3 1/2 ft loading dock at my work. Deciding if im going to get a new bumper or exo it. just wrap around from the rock rails to the homebrew front bumper im thinking of. MONEY MONEY MONEY.

yeah i hear ya, well sense the last time we chatted, i've lost my job. so.. i know all to well how irritating it is. finally got my rig up and running, worked on it for 2 months, took it up wheelin 1 trip, and it didnt even make it all the way home. had to tow strap it home again, now it sits... for atleast another month

whats wrong wtih it? i might be able to help or have spare parts. let me know when you want to do the swap. im going to take some jackstands form my work tomorrow i think if i remember and take both axles out. give me some motivation to get going.

whats wrong wtih it? i might be able to help or have spare parts. let me know when you want to do the swap. im going to take some jackstands form my work tomorrow i think if i remember and take both axles out. give me some motivation to get going.
Well, we are thinkin i might of burnt up one of the Injectors.
My Cat clogged up and turned bright red, then it started running super rough, so we shut it off and let it cool, now i cant get it to fire, it turns over, theres fuel at the rail/spark is fine/air is good. so im thinkin injector(s) As soon as i get it figured out, its goin strait to my local exhaust shop for a new cat/cat back.

I was wonderin about the axle, but things have been crazy lately, it's all good. If ya ever need a hand.. send me a PM.. i got plenty of time:looney:

right on man ill let you know for sure. time for my bed time. damn work wont let me come in hungover and work on cars. i just dont get it .. Ha Ha

Back