• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good interior upolstery guy?

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
I know not many of you are not local to me here in Waco area but... I can trailer it to a good place.

My yellow project XJ I want the door panels and headliner for sure done. Not sure what color or even material and I'd leave it to the experts. Willing to do other stuff to. It will have a non stock dash and gauges so that is open too.

It will be an off road rig but I'm pretty sure I want to keep it streetable. Therfore I'm looking for some immenities...

If you have a contact or recommend a business I'd appreciate the help.

There's a place in Arlington called Bills Upholstery. They've been around for as long as I can remember. Always see really nice muscle cars and boats there being worked on. They did a good job for me on my headliner,visors,and sound bar.

Swamp... what is your experience level? For example... this project has an aftermarket sunroof so headliner has to be MacGuyverized to work.

The doors are mechanical and I have stock panels but don't want stock colors or material.

I am open to installers suggestions. I am not in a hurry but it's a roller right now as engine is being rebuilt to a stroker. To work on it I'd need to trailer it and it would need to sit at installer's location.

its got that cloth fold sun roof stuff doesnt it? i mean i would have to find a late model headliner, then measure, cut, glue on the fabric, and apply trim and make it pretty but it really doesnt seem too hard. as for my experience level, i took arts and crafts in school. lol i was joking at first, but i might be able to pull it off.

but lets back up, what is the color scheme your thinking of? and post some pictures of the sunroof from the inside

its got that cloth fold sun roof stuff doesnt it? i mean i would have to find a late model headliner, then measure, cut, glue on the fabric, and apply trim and make it pretty but it really doesnt seem too hard. as for my experience level, i took arts and crafts in school. lol i was joking at first, but i might be able to pull it off.

but lets back up, what is the color scheme your thinking of? and post some pictures of the sunroof from the inside

I have all the stock interior parts including the headliner... uncut for the sunroof. The color is up in the air... Black, tan or brown would work but seeing as it's Penske Yellow a lot of different colors would not ruin it.

I need it done right... I'm pretty handy but want it done better than I could. The doors, hatch and dash are my main concerns... I can find headliner guys here in Waco but they specialize only in the liners.

I'll call you after I drink some coffee and wake up Roger. Depending on what you want I'm pretty sure I can do it.

sorry Roger....I must have had to grow the beans for the coffee as I called you today instead of yesterday...lol I'll get that estimate for you as soon as I take some measurements. Thank you

Jay, I FORGOT... I'm going to need my trailer for the labor day weekend trip... so later in Sept. I guess.

I can Paypal ya for the glue and material if you want?

Roger,
Not a problem. If you want to paypal me the $ for the materials that's fine also and I can get those taken care of. Do you still have my paypal address? If not I will PM it to you..

Back