• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good eats. Post up your favorite place!

......Now the rant:

So as I'm heading home from picking my son up from Day Care I decide to hop over to Good Times for another delicious Squeeler SpoonBender. What can I say, I'm hooked on Bacon and IceCream now. I pull up and place my order, no problems here. I then get to the window and give a very cute little girl my money and accept my change. Then I wait.

I wait some more.

I continue to wait.

Finally, a manager comes up to the window and asks if I was the guy waiting on the Squeeller. I'm like, "Yeah, along with the rest of my order." She ten tells me that the Squeeler is no longer on the menu and she can't give me one, but I can have any other spoonbender instead. I respond, "You can't just chop up some bacon and throw it in a chocolate spoonbender for me?" She proceeds to tell me they don't have the chopped up bacon so I tell her I don't any other spoonbender and she gives me a refund on it and I take the rest of my order and leave.

Then I start mulling this over a bit. How the XXXX can you not have the ingrediants needed for a spoon bender, its XXXXing bacon god damnitt!!! Go in the back, fry up some bacon, chop it up, and put it in my XXXXing spoon bender you little ****!!!! These motherXXXXers get me addicted to chocolatey bacony goodness and now pull it away like a dope dealer trying to make me step up to the next drug. I mean come on, its just XXXXing bacon people.

I can fully respect that they aren't offering the squeeler anymore. I can even understand the insanely cute little highschool girl not being aware of this recent (I just had one monday night after all) change to the menu. What I can't understand is the manager's inabilty to do the right thing for a customer and simply have one of the kitchen staff chop up some of the burger bacon for me and throw it in my ice cream. Its not that hard people. They have the bacon, they even have knives, so XXXXing give me my bacon and ice cream.

End of rant. :D

Hey Dutch....... You need to run to Red Robin......:D

images

Last edited:
Oh cripes, that made my mouth water...

Any body have any god eats recommendations for the Ft. Collins area? Looks like i may be spending some time up there soon

Depends...what ya looking for?

My recommendations:

Mexican: Pueblo Viejo, Fuzzy's, Cafe Mexicali, Big City Burrito
Pizza: Pizza Casbah, Panhandler's, Crazy Karl's
Sandwiches: Pickle Barrel, Cheba Hut, Choice City Butcher and Deli, Road 34
Sushi: Suehiro, Jaws
Greek: Cafe Athens
Mongolian: Hu Hot
Brazilian: Rodizio
Wings: Jim's Wings
Chinese: Chili House
Burgers: Washbar, Big Al's, CB & Potts
Soup/Salad: Spoons

Other:
- The Mayor: One of the top beer bars in the country (top 10), good food too
- Social: High end bar with amazing meat/cheese platters. Its speakeasy style.
- Tap & Handle: Great beer selection and good cheap food.

The Omelette Parlor and Wade's Cafe for breakfast here in the springs.

Oh ya! We are probably do here soon.

I thought he omelette parlor was WAY overrated. Deetz downtown is a tasty greasy spoon

Never heard of Deatz, I will have to check that one out. Wooglins deli is another favorite of mine.

Wooglins is yum. Go get some rockin green chile at El Taco Rey, or there is always King Chef, which of course rocks.

I don't go out for breakfast. No one in the Springs is a better breakfast cook than I am. Not to mention I hate mornings.

Smileys on Tejon is pretty good. King Chef, my one meal was way less than impressive. But then I had a green chili cheese burger at the Owl bar in NM, and there is none better, ask Oppenheimer. :)

Have the Grump at the Chef - it's made for you, Fred! :D notwithstanding that you won't eat eggs from anyone's kitchen but yours... Get half chile and half gravy. Yum... It occurs to me I didn't eat dinner tonight. No wonder I'm in this thread!

It's not the eggs, it's the total delivery and the green chili. But anything named the Grump has to be suitable for me.

The grump is pretty awesome, though pretty huge... They offer 1/2 and 1/4 portions now, and the 1/2 is still enough to make me want an afternoon nap.

mmmm... just had a 1/2 Grump for lunch. Nap time.

Back