• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good eats. Post up your favorite place!

The best Chinese/Thai food can be found in town is at Peking Tokyo.

3355 S Wadsworth Blvd # H103
Lakewood, CO 80227-5125
(303) 985-3040

Time to rant......

Dunno why, but the 4 times I've eaten at Old Chicago...... it's totally sucked and the service was crap. The one time I went and didn't eat was at Kiefer's b-day GTG and everyone said the food was awesome...... WTF.

Why is Colorado so big on KFC? I find it to be low grade crap. Popeye's is the shiznit! And they're dropping out of business in Colorado...... My wife drives past one in Aurora off Chambers and can never get into the parking lot with all the business going on around 5pm..... and when she can, there's always a long wait because they can't fry the stuff up fast enough......

Still no Jack in the Box in Littleton...... only 3 in the metro area. Why?

Why can't we get In-n-Out Burger here? Smash Burger sucks, 5 Guys is just ok - the one in HR has it's on/off days.......

Can you tell I'm hungry?....... :shhh: :D

Your blood donut level is low Troy!

I agree though. Here (in Craig) we have the worst of the fast food joints.
Taco Bell=crap. I like when I come to the Front Range and get get Del Taco. Fish Tacos FTW!
Jack in the Box is tasty.
I have had good food at the Old Chicago on 120th.

you really need to eat better, troy, or at least more donuts like Kevin says ;) Grab a fish Taco at Rubios in HR (University and HR parkway). yummy.

My ex-wife worked at OC, and I haven't really been a fan since. I wonder why...

Two things......

First the happy news. There is a place at the Orchard Shopping Center off of I-25 and 144th called the Cheeky Monk. Its really good food that isn't horrible on pricing, around 12/plate average from what I could tell. Best thing is though, they have an awesome selection of beers imported directly from Belgium. We're talking 6-8% ABV average (the highest has 11%), totally authentic, monostary beers here. Some of these are even cask aged. I haven't had beer this good since I was in Germany. The beers are a bit pricey and definately not the kind you slam down 10 at a time like piss-water budweiser and coors. If you are really into flavoring some vry high quality beers though, this is a place for you.

Now the rant:

So as I'm heading home from picking my son up from Day Care I decide to hop over to Good Times for another delicious Squeeler SpoonBender. What can I say, I'm hooked on Bacon and IceCream now. I pull up and place my order, no problems here. I then get to the window and give a very cute little girl my money and accept my change. Then I wait.

I wait some more.

I continue to wait.

Finally, a manager comes up to the window and asks if I was the guy waiting on the Squeeller. I'm like, "Yeah, along with the rest of my order." She ten tells me that the Squeeler is no longer on the menu and she can't give me one, but I can have any other spoonbender instead. I respond, "You can't just chop up some bacon and throw it in a chocolate spoonbender for me?" She proceeds to tell me they don't have the chopped up bacon so I tell her I don't any other spoonbender and she gives me a refund on it and I take the rest of my order and leave.

Then I start mulling this over a bit. How the XXXX can you not have the ingrediants needed for a spoon bender, its XXXXing bacon god damnitt!!! Go in the back, fry up some bacon, chop it up, and put it in my XXXXing spoon bender you little twat!!!! These motherXXXXers get me addicted to chocolatey bacony goodness and now pull it away like a dope dealer trying to make me step up to the next drug. I mean come on, its just XXXXing bacon people.

I can fully respect that they aren't offering the squeeler anymore. I can even understand the insanely cute little highschool girl not being aware of this recent (I just had one monday night after all) change to the menu. What I can't understand is the manager's inabilty to do the right thing for a customer and simply have one of the kitchen staff chop up some of the burger bacon for me and throw it in my ice cream. Its not that hard people. They have the bacon, they even have knives, so XXXXing give me my bacon and ice cream.

End of rant. :D

LOL. Dutch's low blood-donut-level brings more phunnay than yella's. :roflmao:

The Mona Lisa. Out in Manitou. Its a bit pricey, but its worth it. Fondue. Love that stuff so i dont mind. 2 people, with drinks runs about $100 give or take.

LOL. Dutch's low blood-donut-level brings more phunnay than yella's. :roflmao:

I don't eat donuts, but my blood-bacon level was low. Luckily for me the stoner kids that work at the local Dairy Queen hooked a brother up and tossed a ton of bacon into my chocolate blizzard for me. Go Dairy Queen, you rock.

If you like BBQ and are ever up in the Loveland/Fort Collins area, you need to try Nordy's BBQ. As the guys that were at the M&G up here last year.

The ribs have a problem. You pick up the ribs by the bone and all you get is bone. The rest is so tender it falls off the bone and is still on the plate. They smoke the brisket for 14 hours.

OMG - Dutch's rant had me ROLLING! :roflmao:

OMG - Dutch's rant had me ROLLING! :roflmao:

AND making me want one of those bacon/chocolate squeeler things. mmmmmmmm.:helpme:

I have yet to try bacon as a desert item...... hard to imagine it being good, but that's all I seem to hear.....

If you like BBQ and are ever up in the Loveland/Fort Collins area, you need to try Nordy's BBQ. As the guys that were at the M&G up here last year.

The ribs have a problem. You pick up the ribs by the bone and all you get is bone. The rest is so tender it falls off the bone and is still on the plate. They smoke the brisket for 14 hours.

Ahh yes Nordy's! Everytime we go up to Loveland for one of Jenn's Dance Competitions we HAVE to go to Nordy's!

I had one of those Bacon-Maple-Donut-Bar thingies at Voodoo Donuts in Portland, OR once... while sold as a breakfast item, it is entirely cake and bacon. F'n yum... I bet DJ knows.

Bacon and ice cream is the bomb, plain and simple. DQ just became my new favorite place 'cause they'll make me up a "Bacon Blizzard" as I'll be calling it.

They have the bacon, they even have knives, so XXXXing give me my bacon and ice cream.

Wait, no more bacon spoonbenders?

Cookie_Monster.jpg

Yeah, failure to do so runs you the risk of losing not only your man card but also your legal residency in 'Merica.

Back