• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Golectric EWP & Fan Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is on the "list" to get my rig back on the chassis dyno here in the Springs. What we do know is that I had a whopping 107.7hp and 168.9ftlbs to the ground prior to installing the pump. I will post new numbers as soon as I get them. Davies-Craig claims up to a 10kW (13hp) at the crank increase. What that yields to the ground needs to be measured as the butt-dyno is not capable of detecting the increase. I'm just happy to have picked up a couple of MPGs.

I have to say that is is a bit strange to see the temperature guage indicating the temperature to be running between 191F and 201F. Not that I am complaining mind you...

We are now in process of testing a simpler installation consisting of two factory fans and the pump running full time, no controller. The thought is to lay out a series of options from baseline to high end. My installation represents the high end. EWP115, controller, 185F T-Stat, Ford 8c607 series fan running both speeds and the factory fan rewired to run under either PCM or Davies-Craig control. Right now, the Ford fan is running at low speed all the time, shifting over to high speed when the controller calls for fan.

I am running a 90C (194F) set point as that comes close to the factory 195F T-Stat value.

The controller calls for fan operation when the temp gets to be 3C over setpoint. So, it calls for fan at 199.4F. Runing up to 201F I think is pretty good control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back