• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to need mounting

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm getting some mud tires and now the problem is going to be getting them mounted before this saterday. Anyone out there have a tires mounting machine? I'm not going to have the money to take to a shop after doing the lift and now buying the tires so you can see my problem here lol Anyone out there able to help me out here?

I can help you as long as the tires are smaller than 35's. When are you thinking you want to do this? I'm heading North Friday afternoon, so it would have to be tonight or tomorrow night.

It can be done by hand, but it's a major PITA. You also risk damaging the bead. Take Dick Head up on his offer.

You really should be careful how you phrase the titles of your threads:D

Use ALOT of lube when mounting by hand with some pry bars, it makes it way easier.
WD-40 works good, dawn dish soap watered down a little will work good also.

I use to work at a tire shop know how to mount by hand its a pain and on this small of a tire ever more so. I'm more then willing to take you up on that offer.
Yeah thought about the title after a posted it lol oh well.

Wal-mart, thirty two bucks! hahahahaha thats the only reason wal-mart gets my money!

x2... for that little amount of cash, the time saved is well worth it!!!

I use to work at a tire shop know how to mount by hand its a pain and on this small of a tire ever more so. I'm more then willing to take you up on that offer.
Yeah thought about the title after a posted it lol oh well.

Must not have worked for a tire shop for long. I'm damn near 40 and can dis- mount and mount a set of drop centers by hand in less then 30 min. I may even stop for a beer or two.

Dave

Must not have worked for a tire shop for long. I'm damn near 40 and can dis- mount and mount a set of drop centers by hand in less then 30 min. I may even stop for a beer or two.

Dave
No I worked for rollin tires for about three years but we had one of them there fancy mounting machines lol. So wasn't like I was doing it all the time not a lot of practice at doing it by hand.

Back