• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GO SHARKS!!!

This had better be a great run. Another first round fizzle-out would kill me at this point. I'm feeling it this year - Sharks will make it to the WCF.

Sharks over the Avs in 6 games.

Sharks in four games unless they loose game three on sunday in Colorado, then it is Sharks in Five games!

Anything less would be sad!

JawsAvalanche.jpg

I enjoyed the ride to get here again, but my expectations for anything but an early departure are low.

IF the Sharks don't make it to the Big Dance, Doug Wilson will start dismantling the team before Ovechkin hoists the cup in June. All he really needed to do was dump Nabokov before the trade deadline.

Well, it couldn't get much worse than last years playoff.

I just wonder which Sharks team will show up this year....

4 reasons the Sharks make it deep int eh play off's:

1. Manny

2. Nichol

3. Nabby = he will steel a series this year

4. Jumbo Joe = he has a lot to prove and although he didn't get a but load of points at the end of the season, he will dominate int he play off's.

Outside of that, Patty will be great as always, Heater will put in some good ones and Boyle will light the lamp.

God I hope this is the year

Go Sharks!!! I miss not being able to go & catch a game after work!

I am not a Nabokov fan. This loss was not his fault, he was the best Shark on the ice last night. Letting one goal in while Blake sat in the box and with less than one minute let a deflection off of Blakes skate sealed the deal. Not Nabakov's fault.

Before the game started I told my companions the series would be determined in the first 5 shots on goal. It is my contention that if Nabby can get by the 1st five shots of the game, he will play well. Six shots in the 1st three minutes of the game by the Sharks all on the power play and Anderson was not only HOT but filled with confidence that carried him through the rest of the game.

I agree that this is Manny's series to really shine, but Mitchell was playing with more energy than any of them.

Patrick in the paper today, "It's not the same (as last year), this is Colorado not Anaheim and half our team is new" Well Patrick, we'll know tomorrow night.

Go Sharks!

Note to management: the towels are great for car washing, keep them coming...but black t-shirts would be better.

I can not believe they would play like that, after last years performance, I would have thought they would have learned something. Or at least had some pride to play better then that lame second period, just shows nothing has changed.

I am not a Nabokov fan. This loss was not his fault, he was the best Shark on the ice last night. Letting one goal in while Blake sat in the box and with less than one minute let a deflection off of Blakes skate sealed the deal. Not Nabakov's fault.

Before the game started I told my companions the series would be determined in the first 5 shots on goal. It is my contention that if Nabby can get by the 1st five shots of the game, he will play well. Six shots in the 1st three minutes of the game by the Sharks all on the power play and Anderson was not only HOT but filled with confidence that carried him through the rest of the game.

I agree that this is Manny's series to really shine, but Mitchell was playing with more energy than any of them.

Patrick in the paper today, "It's not the same (as last year), this is Colorado not Anaheim and half our team is new" Well Patrick, we'll know tomorrow night.

Go Sharks!

Note to management: the towels are great for car washing, keep them coming...but black t-shirts would be better.

I am a big Nabby fan, and he did great last night imo. Just the Sharks were just flat footed...

Still though... it was only the first game. We can still do it, hopefully this lights a fire under them... then again I thought after last years performance they wouldn't need any more motivation.

Are You Ready!

Tonights game is very important. Let's see if the Sharks come to fish or cut bait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are You Ready!

Tonights game is very important. Let's see if the Sharks come to fish or cut bait.

I'm ready, but are they? Maybe we should head down and heckle them on their way into the locker room. "Hey Boyle, try hitting the damned net!" might get a response.

I remember one night I told Marcel Goch, "Great job riding the bench tonight." I thought I was going to get lynched by the group of fans asking for his autograph after the game.
:D

Back