• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gmc suburban 1500 axles

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know what axles are in a gmc suburban 1500 half ton? All i know is that they are 6 lug

TIA

Hmm, I may have the year wrong because it certainly is not ifs. I suppose its probably a little older then 89, its a leaf sprung solid axle.

Thanks guys, ill look up some pics when I get back home, I'm currently a few hundred miles away for work

73-91 has the solid front ends. if its a half ton it will be a 10 bolt front and back. the 3/4 burban 4x4 comes with a 14sf rear axle and massive 56" springs. the 3/4 ton 2x4 will have the 14FF rear axle.

73-91 has the solid front ends. if its a half ton it will be a 10 bolt front and back. axle.

hurm. i thought the half ton burbans had the same running gear/suspension as the half ton pickups.

my mistake

blazers $ suburbans were the same and the half ton pickups were different
bluejeepkid you probabley have a 10bolt front with a 12bolt rear.

12 bolt rear? Even tho its 6 lug?

If it is an 89 it has 10 bolts front and rear.

The blazers, suburbans and 1 ton trucks had solid front axles up to 91. They stopped putting 12 bolts in the rear somewhere around 81 or 82.

blazers $ suburbans were the same and the half ton pickups were different
bluejeepkid you probabley have a 10bolt front with a 12bolt rear.

Isn't what your calling a 12 bolt a semi-floating 14 bolt? I have the axles out of an 86 3/4 ton it had a 10 bolt front and sf 14 bolt rear.

Blazers/Tahoes/Suburbans lag behind the trucks by a couple years. Trucks remodeled in 88, SUVs in 91, again for the trucks in 98 or 99, SUVs in 2000ish.

Ok so.... 10 bolt front, 10 bolt rear? To clarify, its a half ton suburban, not a 3/4 ton. Reason I'm trying to find out is i wanna look up gears and lockers for a friend.

Yes 10 bolt front and rear. Before my xj. I was a Chevy guy amd ran w the chevy full size crowd and owned a 3/4 ton suburban that I turned into a 1tons crawler on 39's.

I would not waste my time w that 10 bolt rear. It will not survive under a full size doing any offloading or towing.

A 14ff can be had for a $100 or less at jy and convert the front to 8 lugs.

Back