• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GI: My cubby sub enclosure, sub and amp

goalieman24

NAXJA Forum User
Probably looking to get rid of my cubby sub enclosure... write-up for it's build here http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1057577

It's similar to a lot of the other designs, although does not cut into the plastic panels at all... making it completely removable without any effects.
The write-up has my old Pioneer sub just for visual purposes, but it was specifically built to a 10" Alpine Type-S, rated 300 watts RMS. I also have a Kenwood amp, perfectly matched at 300watts also.... both less than 2 months old. Provided noticeable bass, but nothing extremely overwhelming.

I would consider selling the enclosure by itself, although I'm really not sure how many other subs would fit. Like I said, it was built pretty specifically to the Type-S, in regards to the recessed opening, depth, cubic feet, etc.

Pictures of the enclosure below, will get some more of the sub and amp.

2414132990070320260S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL]

regarding this picture for reference, what are the measurements/widths for each of the 4 corners? i have a storage box in the back of my jeep and I'd like for this to fit in between

regarding this picture for reference, what are the measurements/widths for each of the 4 corners? i have a storage box in the back of my jeep and I'd like for this to fit in between

Not quite sure which measurements you're looking for?
Maybe post/PM a picture of your storage box setup?

If it helps at all, the enclosure is flush with the wheel hump... doesn't extend any further past that.

Bump

More details, copied from another site...

Looking to get rid of my cubby sub enclosure w/ sub and amp.

This design has a similar layout to the ones that are sold on here, however I made it so that there is no cutting of that rear plastic panel. It is still completely sealed, although can be removed at any time and leaves a completely "unharmed" looking cargo area.
Constructed out of MDF, and is right around .75 cu. ft. and is filled with PolyFill. Obviously, it can easily be re-covered with whatever fabric you prefer.

The sub I built it to fit is the Alpine Type-S(SWS-1023D). You'll see a few of the pictures are with an old Pioneer sub that I used just for a test, but the Type-S is what it was built for.
The amp is a Kenwood KAC-8105D, which matches the Type-S perfectly at 300 watts RMS.
Both were used for less than 4 months, and have been sitting in their original boxes for the past 3 months... still have all paperwork.

I may consider selling things separate, although I'd advise the box and sub atleast being a combo.... since like I said, it was built pretty specifically to the measurements of the Type-S.
I'm open to offers.

Pics...

How does the box mount? I designed a similar one, but don't have a good mounting setup on the back. I've also wanted to slim mine down more.
Windows-1252BSU1HMDAwNTQuanBn.jpg

How does the box mount? I designed a similar one, but don't have a good mounting setup on the back. I've also wanted to slim mine down more.

I had it just sitting there, with the "extension" into the cubby hole keeping it from moving much. I also had my storage box right there which kept it from moving as well.

I had the storage box out for a bit w/ just the sub box, and with just driving around town it didn't go anywhere. Although it could easily be fastened with some sort of bracket/screw/velcro/whatever...

Back