• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maryland - Cubby sub enclosure, hitch mounted tire carrier

goalieman24

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to get rid of a few things I've stumbled across. Got rid of my XJ a while ago so I have no use for this stuff.

First is a hitch mounted spare tire carrier. I'm fairly sure it's made by Curt, but if not, it looks exactly like http://www.curtmfg.com/part/31006
It's in decent shape, no rust. I had picked it up off of someone with plans to chop it up and make it hinged, but it just sat in the garage instead.

Next is a "cubby hole" sub enclosure. If you search my 'started threads', I did a pretty good write-up on it. I think those pictures are dead, but all of the construction info and details are there. More pictures are below.
It's just the box, no sub. I attached a picture of the sub that was in there(the Alpine type-s, not that old Pioneer sub) for anyone who wants to look up it's measurements to see what will fit. There are also pictures of the sub box with my rear cargo box that was built. Made them both at the same time, and you can get an idea of how it fits in there.

Pick-up is strongly preferred, though I will consider shipping. Please PM me or e-mail goalieman24(at)yahoo.com Thanks!

Pictures...

how much you looking to get for the spare tire holder? Ever test it out to see how much wobble you get? That size tire is it rated for i wonder...

I'd like $60 for it.
Never used it so I'm not sure about wobble. I always used one of those anti-rattle hitch pins with everything else which seemed to do a pretty good job.

I remember checking around before I bought it, and the 33" that I was going to put on it had been done before without issues.

where are you in MD? I may still be interested in that tire carrier to get my spare out of the back of the XJ

where are you in MD? I may still be interested in that tire carrier to get my spare out of the back of the XJ

Big, bold letters in the post right above yours. E-MAIL.

I'll only be returning to bump this post occasionally if things don't sell. Otherwise, I'm not doing any more communication here.

In the Baltimore area.

Back