• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting out of the jeep world for a while Lynchburg, TN (Pic heavy)

dave92cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Well it looks like I'm going to be getting out of the jeep game for a while. Just bought a house and work needs to be done to it first, not to mention the fact that I don't have a garage anymore to do any work on jeeps in. So instead of it sitting neglected for an indefinite amount of time I'm going to sell the quad cab. It runs and drives just needs an alignment and power brake bleeding as there's still small amount of air trapped somewhere in the brake system. It's currently sitting in my drive way with a 6" SUA lift, 235/75/15's and chrome cragar soft 8's. Bed has had 1 layer of herculiner put on but would recommend going over it and putting a second layer on to give that extra protection. I have not made up any doors for the back as I haven't been able to find a 2 door xj locally in the JY's to get the doors to start fabing them up. I do have 2 pieces of 2x6 3/16 box for welding in for new rockers, as well as loads of jeep extras like brand new muffler, interior pieces, and many odds and ends.

Build thread can be seen here that shows the build up phase and what it currently looks like minus bedliner:
http://comancheclub....romanche-build/

For a general idea of the odds and ends can be seen here minus the sheet metal roll:
http://comancheclub....ts-and-misc-tn/

I also have a clean and clear title for the 93 vin that is showing on the dash that was used to build it from which is how it is currently titled and registered. Any questions about it post on here or PM me and I hope she goes to a loving home to someone that will finish it off and enjoy it.

It may look big but it's the same length bumper to bumper as a LWB MJ.

I'm also selling my 97xj either by itself or with the quad cab as a combo.

Here's some pics of how it's currently sitting in my driveway as of about 20 minutes ago.

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

97 Cherokee County
4.0 AW4/242

Runs great and would make a good donor to update one of your other rigs or update and change this one around.
Just so there's no surprises to anyone as I respect all you guys more than that here's all the things that I know of that's wrong with it
AW4/242 combo was swapped in from an 88 model by PO
No front driveshaft
Interior shift selector is for a 231
O2 sensor wires were cut by PO and never fixed causing check engine light to come on (still gets 18MPG with combo of city/hwy that I drive)
NSS is disconnected and bypassed in the harness (NSS guts have basically dissentegrated)
Engine runs strong but recently the trans started acting up, sometimes when taking off from a dead stop the trans will lung when trying to shift which can be remedied by releasing gas pedal then putting your foot back on it
Steering components were all replaced by me this spring, steering box is worn causing DW if you hit a bump just right but normal driving drives fine

If you want both jeeps together the price starts at $2500 if you want the xj by itself it starts at $1000 the quad will be $2000. So let's see if someone becomes the new owner of these jeeps for XMAS.

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0026.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

The front doors have windows and are full power. The one back door is just a shell as it was the first version of door I built. To finish it there's not much left to be done just find a couple of xjs in a JY to pull doors from and make the back doors, weld in the box rockers, and some bondo work to smooth out body lines.

I'm flying home Wednesday and flying back out Sunday so if you want come up this weekend and take a look at it. Bring cash and you might have a new jeep or two.

Last edited:
Anyone really interested in these two send me a pm for the lower black Friday sale price.

Put this on comancheclub as well. Throwing it out there the black Friday price for both rigs is $1500. Yes that's $1500 for two rigs making it $750 for a running driving 97 to make into a beater or do a full 97 swap and an almost finished 4 door Comanche.

Put this on comancheclub as well. Throwing it out there the black Friday price for both rigs is $1500. Yes that's $1500 for two rigs making it $750 for a running driving 97 to make into a beater or do a full 97 swap and an almost finished 4 door Comanche.

Are these jeeps still availible? same price?

I've been asked before if I would trade anything for it and I said no. I'm willing to trade but only for one thing, I'm looking for a late 90's small 4 door car like a cavalier or accord or something like that. It must be an automatic and in good condition as this will be a first car for my 16 year old daughter so it needs to be in good condition for her as I don't want her to have to worry about breaking down. Being a jeep owner like most i can get my way around a car for routine maintenance and most normal problems, and will be teaching her how to do everything to it herself.

So if anyone has a late 90's cavalier, accord, neon or anything along those lines with 4 doors and an automatic and interested in trading let me know we might be able to work out a deal for xmas.

PM sent.

Both Jeeps are currently pending the weekend of 20/21.

Both jeeps have gone to their new owners and homes.

Back