• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting gears....4.56 or 4.88????

Which Ratio 4.56 or 4.88's for 80/20 rig

• 4.56's

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • 4.88's

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ok public info, so don't curse me for being a vendor...

your currie housing needs a 3rd member. about $400-$1000 or more depending on what you do with it. (open stock gears or built up nodular case)
then you also need brakes, shafts $$$, perches and mounts... plus all the labor to build it.
the going rate for a complete XJ D44 from an '87 with brakes, shafts, 3.55 gears and open is $300-$400. (some pick a parts if your lucky sell them for as little as $75)
and then you can build it from there. I have 3 dana 44's laying around. there are also a few others for sale on the for sale board of NAXJA.
BornAgainXJer said:
I was just going to buy a housing from currie it's like $269. How much for a d44 housing, and is it from an XJ or setup for one?

can't, working on jeeps, what else? I probably won't get to wheel till my B-day. sept 2.. wife has too many weddings booked.
Jump This said:
Don't trust that Brown dude....he works on Jeeps all weekend...and almost never wheels!
How about LCIR this weekend Ryan?
Rick

Back