• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear installation clinic....

XJ_ranger said:
when changing gears would be a good time to replace front axle seals too right?

well, my passenger side axle seal might as well not exist, so i guess now is the time...

do master install kits come with new axle seals?
are there any special tools for changing axle seals?

thanks guys...

WTF, this ain't tech. Search, newb!

Lawn Cher' said:
WTF, this ain't tech. Search, newb!

eff you buddy!

ive never seen an inner axle seal...

i guess i am a newb...

flexjay87 said:
Ranger, what axles do you have?

High Pinion Dana 44 and a Ford 9" both with "stock" components from a 1976 f-150...

yeah - they are yellow... :D

XJ_ranger said:
eff you buddy!

ive never seen an inner axle seal...

i guess i am a newb...
The master install kits don't come with axle seals, only the pinion seal and maybe a cover gasket.
Orielly's has them.

Next time search nOOb.

Okie Terry said:
The master install kits don't come with axle seals, only the pinion seal and maybe a cover gasket.
Orielly's has them.

Next time search nOOb.

thanks OT.

Ranger, a friend of mine sometimes gets good deals on Yukon stuff if you are interested? you need gear sets and master install kits for both? goin to bed right now, i'll check back tomorrow.

Okie Terry said:
Orielly's has them.

Next time search nOOb.

FWIW
My Yukon MI kit came with inner seals. I'm new to the re-gearing scene so maybe I'm not on the same page....
Since I'm at work and extreamly busy at the moment...here's pics.

100_0140.jpg

100_0142.jpg

Aren't the seals to the left of the yellow packet? There are 2 there, they are stacked. Cover gasket came with, not in pic.

Last edited:
flexjay87 said:
Ranger, a friend of mine sometimes gets good deals on Yukon stuff if you are interested? you need gear sets and master install kits for both? goin to bed right now, i'll check back tomorrow.

yeah and a d44 numericaly high carrier (3.92 and up) - but after calling everyone - Rawbrown and PORC have the same price, and ill be going with rawbrown once i get my $$$ figured out...

Who is planning on attending? Just as spectators or do you have gears to set up?

to re-itterate for some of you -

Aussie locker for the d44
Inner axle seals for the D44

are on my list...

didnt have the $$$ for gears...

IntrepidXJ said:
sounds to me like there are a lot of watchers....but no gears to setup?
Seems to be the case.

Come on.
Somebody needs to regear. It'll be cheap, and it looks like there will be plenty of help. What a deal.

Okie and Ranger,
I'm not bringing my air comp. like we talked about, if there is no takers.

Back