• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas prices in your area???

red91inWA said:
YOU GUYS SUCK !!!! From Bellingham, WA ( aka the canadian border ) to Eugene Or. Its about $2.25.

If this war WAS for oil, where the HELL IS IT GEORGE ????!!!!

dont remeber anyone saying the iraq war was for oil.

Inisadow said:

Thats the democratic line, man. They all spout that crap, it's for oil, it's for oil. They think BUSH and CHENEY are getting rich.

Inisadow said:
What rock have you been living under? That's ALL we heard last March when troops entered Iraq. Screaming, pachouli-stinking, drum-beating hippies blocked traffic in many major American cities with "No war for oil" signs...

red91inWA said:
YOU GUYS SUCK !!!! From Bellingham, WA ( aka the canadian border ) to Eugene Or. Its about $2.25.

If this war WAS for oil, where the HELL IS IT GEORGE ????!!!!
You suck too... I wish gas was that cheap here. I will be in Bellingham in two days....I will buy a tankful of that very inexpensive gas. My only hope is to see Erik.... I doubt it though. That E Wheeler only seems to get online while at work. Probably has AOL at home. LOL:doh:

Gas prices in Allentown Pa are down to $1.79 for regular, poconos 22mi north, $1.95...

its at 2.15 here on base at Camp Pendleton, at most places its at 2.24 or higher off-base. AmPm however is cool and sell for 2.15 off base. I like them. That's where I fill up at.

$2.07/gallon for 87-octane by work (Norwalk); $2.15/gallon for the same at home (Pasadena).

Cheapest I've seen it recently was $1.99 at an Arco (IIRC) in Azusa. The Shell there was at $2.02, Chevron at $2.15.

1.87 Wawa in Malvern, PA. 1.72 in Chambersburg, PA. 140 miles between the two and -.15cents in price. Got me. Juice

tchase said:
here in Nova Scotia it's $0.889/liter regular (Jeep gas), $0.949/liter supreme (car gas). Not exactly sure what that is in gallons but I know it's a lot.

Multiply by 3.8 to go from litres to US gallons. CAN$3.37/gallon for regular, CAN$3.60/gallon for premium. At today's rate of CAN$1.32 to $1 US, that's US$2.55/gallon and US$2.72/gallon respectively.

People forget, a large portion of the price of a gallon (or liter) of gas is taxes. Don´t remember the government (any goverment) freezing, rolling back, setting aside, pro rating or deffering gas (or fuel) taxes. Governement, seems most times, to accept the windfall from high gas prices, not much motivation for them to complain much.
I bet a law to reduce gas taxes, as the price of gas rises, would produce radically different results, in governmental policies.
The liberals and conservation lobbies, are happy when the price goes up, they figure it reduces polution. Most of the people who get hurt, are the people that need a break the most. Rural, people with long commutes and bussinesses.

Yup, that barrel of oil is taxed 3 times before it hits your filler, once as oil, again as refined gas and the third time when it is sold to the consumer at the pump, over 50% of the price is taxes. Here in Pa they used to post the taxes on a gallon of gas right on each pump till the state 'induced' the retailers to take them down, don't want to rile the masses now do we or let them know how much they are really paying...

If you are curious here is page that lists taxes by state including the 18% tax the fed put on each gallon, as the prices go up so do the taxes becuse it is a percentage not a flat tax rate of say .18 cents.

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp

I have always been flat tax advocate, it removes any incentive of increaseing other variables increase revenues, the only way with a flat tax is to raise the tax, no hiding it..

Last edited:
The price here in Vegas has begun to drop a little it's down to about $1.97 a gallon. A lille lower on the other side of town for some reason there I've seen it down as far as $1.91.

Back