• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Garage get-together Saturday Dec. 5th

There was a rover fest at URE today! Had a great time! It's cold as ice here too!

James,

Had a great time. Definately worth the drive. Mark is on his way home. And no, we didn't lock the keys in the car coming home.

It was good to see everyone and meet a few more of the NAXJA peeps and some cools guys from the Expedition forum.

Maxcfm: excellent queso

James: great pizza & hospitality

Members present: StumpXJ, Maxcfm, The Hard Struggler, Team Willys, MelkorsXJ, High2by, PacificEd.

Glad you guys got to see me! Um, wait, that was supposed to say: "Guys, Im glad I got to see you!"

Lol

I had fun for the short time I was able to hang around. Thanks a lot Stump for having us!

And thanks for offering to help diagnose the ZJ... I heard it run today, but like the guy said, it dies after 2 seconds (but sounds great before it shuts down). Replaced the distributor but didn't help, its getting fire as it is shutting down so it has to be a fuel issue.

Are you still getting together this weekend to do Andys rig? I wouldn't mind doing a road trip up there if you are. :wave1:

P.S> Team Willys
I think I ruled that out.. Injectors fire while its dieing out and its got 40ish lbs of fuel to the rail at the same time...

Are you still getting together this weekend to do Andys rig? I wouldn't mind doing a road trip up there if you are. :wave1:

P.S> Team Willys
I think I ruled that out.. Injectors fire while its dieing out and its got 40ish lbs of fuel to the rail at the same time...

Right now I'm a go....as I think I've calmed the wife down....Got the drop brackets on...PITA UCA bolts...but have to get it aligned...and anyone got a trailer in the Bham area? I don't think I can lift that axle up into the XJ by myslelf:wow: or are you planning any more trips to Bham in the near future James??

Andy/redneck, I am still a go for Saturday, shouldnt be a problem. Andy, if you cant get the axle in the Jeep, dont sweat it. I dont need it right this second, I am not sure when the next time I am coming to Bham, but I can figure something out. Just hold it for me if you cant bring it.

~James

Not a get together persey, this is a working weekend. We are doing the rear fenders on Andy's XJ.

Anyone is welcome to come, but we (myself and Andy) will be working and have a time crunch to get things done. The rest can BS or help if you want. I also want to try to flip my trailer on its end once we get done with Andy's Jeep if there are a few people there.

Looks like its gonna be another COLD saturday with a high in the low 40's

~James

~James

P.S> Team Willys

Well, there is nothing mechanically wrong with the engine, and I KNOW it is getting fire as it is dieing, so it HAS to be fuel, because we all know that in a gas engine, if you get fire and fuel and there is nothing mechanically wrong, then the engine will run. I am going to do some more checking, but I have a pretty darn good guess as to what the problem is...

I'll let you know once I know for sure.

Ill be pullin into Atlanta around 0900 sat. Looks like a 4 hour drive. Fun fun

We should be getting started around 8-8:30am, just depends on when Andy gets here. I have to be in the house by 6pm to get ready for a party.

~James

That's pretty fair....you people are on the wrong time zone...so, I'm hoping to get there by 8:30-9am....me leaving some time after 5am....it's 2.5 hrs from me plus one time zone....lets hope I get to sleep early Friday!

That's pretty fair....you people are on the wrong time zone...so, I'm hoping to get there by 8:30-9am....me leaving some time after 5am....it's 2.5 hrs from me plus one time zone....lets hope I get to sleep early Friday!

Who needs sleep? Im getting off of work, loadin up in the Cherokee and drivin up :roll: Its goin to be another long day in the name of Jeep lol :speepin:

awesome, my wife has to be at work at 5:30. So she can have the kids for the day, but I gotta leave your house around 3 so that would work out well.

Thought I posted this last night... try again. Is 9am too early for chili or queso dip? If not let me know which one to bring :lickout: Also anything else we may need to help work? gloves/safety glasses? Looking forward to meeting more of ya! :wave1:

Latney, (was that right?) that sounds good to me... The stuff you brought last time was awesome. Dont really need to bring anything. The fender job for the most part is a one person job, but Andy has a few more things that he will be doing to the Jeep as I do the fenders.

~James

Latney, (was that right?) that sounds good to me... The stuff you brought last time was awesome. Dont really need to bring anything. The fender job for the most part is a one person job, but Andy has a few more things that he will be doing to the Jeep as I do the fenders.

~James

Yep you got it right... Alright I'll try and be there around 8:30 - 9ish with something good to eat :lickout:

Back