• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fun with trucks!

It looks nekkid without a 5th wheel behind it. :D

This is coming from a guy that thinks 4x2's are "real trucks"? And the Ram 1500 in my opinion is just as large, it not larger than that F250 or the 2500 Chevys... Just look at them side to side. Now, if you want to talk about power... My HEMI dyno'd at 415HP last week at my buddies shop. Show me a F250 or a 2500 that has 415HP or even 345 stock like the Hemi does. Lastly, when im carrying 60 4x4 posts to a job site the night before, I want to make sure people see me. This helps my cause.

now shuddddddup!

Let's line um up fawker come get this 1200 lbft of torque

Got the cv antennas today. Rethinking doing two whips... Just looks a little overboard. Again, I'll probably just mount the brackets and keep the antennas on hand so I can put them up if I'm going to be using the cb alot... Torsion keys and shackles coming soon.

Oh, and does anyone know anything about Superchips? Mine came with one but I'm afraid to mess with it. And my emissions light is on. Could it be the K&N ram intake setting it off? Looking into it tomorrow after work.

On a small truck like yours I would only run a single CB antennae as there isn't enough room to keep them the from interfering with one another.

I had a superchips programmer on my 2000 Silverado, whats your issue? All you do is plug the thing in and work it like an OBDII scanner, hell it'll even tell you step by step what you should be doing on the screen.

Oh, and here is a real truck. This is what I haul loads with, no front drive axle on it either and it only makes 425HP at the crank. :D

032.jpg

Last edited:
Look at how far back the steps sit, that and to help with getting onto the back. We have 3 of these 92 GMC/White/Volvo cabovers (one converted to a 28ft/30,000 lbs capacity roll-off tow truck) and they all came with the plethora of hand rails. They do make it a lot easier to climb in and out of the cabs though.

Did you have to get your CDL to run those then?

I still wanna get my CDL...... just for grins. I think it'd be cool to learn to drive the big rigs.

Being gov't we don't need a CDL to drive them, but the shop is working with a couple of us to get all the drive time in we can so that we can comfortably take and pass the test. They're also paying for the test too so it works out nicely. My plan is to have my CDL in hand by next spring. A year is a long time, but most of our drive time has to be done after hours so we are lucky to get in 3-4hrs a week. Plus there are times when we can't make it in. I'm hoping to take my test sooner but am being realistic with my goal.

Last edited:
Got that VHT nightshades tint spray and tinted my cab lights ;). Also decided to give my tails and 3rd brake light a light smoking too. Looks pretty bad ass. Now looking at my options for getting inside the headlight assembly to tint the little amber turn signal inside so everything matches. Pics to follow

my "semi-hemi" idles at about 750, I think your idle sounds low too.

Back