• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fun Day in Colo Springs

XJoshua

NAXJA Forum User
Well I was up in Springs today dropping off the newer camshaft and picking up a new peice for the Heep. Got a dual diaprahm brake booster with master cylinder from Rob(Rob Patterson). Also great meeting other XJers and exchanging experiences and knowledge. Didnt plan on being up there so long but to talk to a Jeeper as enthuased about Jeeps as me I can never pass up. Also its was effin cold. I thought Pueblo was bad that morning but Springs made it seem like a summer day. Also seems Southern CO is becoming home of the Stroker and the 4.0L. McCabe mentioned he's currently rebuiding a 4.0 for a client who is putting it in his sons Jeep. And we have what 5 stroker projects going on in Southern CO?

But some even better news. The 3core works grand. Got to springs and back without breaking a sweat temp stayed perfectly still with heater on or off. Had to do the cardboard mod though to keep the temps up since it works to good. Also Im positive my old radiator radiator was extremly plugged because I felt a increase in hp using the good ole butt dyno. The lack of flow I believe forced the water pump to work harder and putting more strain on the accessorie train(is this correct termanology?) causing me to loose power. Hard to believe how some simple things can cause so many problems. Such things Ive gone through: plugged cat, bad map, bad tps, bad radiator, other crap.

Well after today Im wanting to meet up with the southern colorado X/MJers again. Maybe a simple meet again thats non official? We could scare off the ricers at grocery warehouse(springs) once a saturday a month?

-Joshua

XJoshua said:
Well after today Im wanting to meet up with the southern colorado X/MJers again. Maybe a simple meet again thats non official? We could scare off the ricers at grocery warehouse(springs) once a saturday a month?
I'd be game for that. I'd love to get a chance to talk with everyone face to face.
JD

Back