• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel and brake lines and the 203/205 adventure

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok so I got them in today and ran into this little problem. Looking for idea on what to do.

203205004.jpg

203205005.jpg

The fuel and brake lines are in the way. I can put them under the crossmember, really bad idea! :explosion

Cut them double flare them and put new lines in that run up and arruound the crossmember mount. Or I could cut the tabs at an angle and move them away from the 205 and maybe get enough clearance. ANy other ides or sugestions?

The fuel lines are not that big of a deal I can run FI rubber line with clamps easily enough, I have done it for a couple of years now on the old ghost. It is the brake lines I'm concerned about.....

I had to deal with that as well when I did my cage tie-ins. I ended using some thin square tube to work as a spacer and moved the lines away from the rails. But that was like 1".

In your case I'd probalby cut, bend, flare and get make some small pieces to go between the gap.

Those old brake lines are a real pain to flare.

You might check out http://www.speedwaymotors.com thats where I got my brake fittings last time.

Back