• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS/FT: Stroked 00 XJ

achilles100

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ, AW4, 231

185,xxx miles

Golen 4.6L stroker, approximately 20,000 miles on it. http://www.golenengineservice.com/engines/jeep/4-6270hp-jeep-long-block

5" hybrid lift kit. http://dpgoffroad.com/products/5-inch-rubicon-expressdpg-extreme-duty-hybrid-xj-kit/

Teraflex rear disc conversion (e-brakes not adjusted yet). http://www.quadratec.com/products/12700_400_07.htm

33x12.50R15 Goodyear Duratracs with a same spare, 2500 miles on them.

Other mods: Big bore throttle body, ceramic coated Banks header, ceramic coated intake manifold, AEM intake (not currently installed), big bore throttle body spacer (not currently installed), Ford Racing injectors, Dynomax exhaust, CSF 3 row radiator, SYE and c/v driveshaft, leaf spring shims, NGK iridium spark plugs, Optima red top battery, stainless extended brake lines, Pioneer 60W CD player, Pioneer speakers, wired for subs.

Also have a complete overhead console with harness, bracket, and temp sensor, that I haven't gotten around to installing.

New or recently new parts: Both O2 sensors (not Calif. emissions), TPS sensor, coil rail, pads/rotors all around, fan clutch, heater/radiator hoses, radiator cap, starter, all 3 wipers, transfer case linkage bushings and seal, air filter.

Bad things:
1) Check engine light (cylinder 4 misfire), rough idle, clattery engine. This has been going on for 5000 miles or so. I have replaced the TPS sensor, O2 sensors, spark plugs, coil rail, done a compression check, checked for a collapsed lifter. No luck finding the problem. I have not done a leakdown test, and I have not checked for a bent pushrod yet. The Golen engine uses a different head casting to avoid cracking, and I have no coolant or oil loss to indicate a blown head gasket or a crack. I am stumped and have limited resources at the moment to fix the problem, thus this ad.

2) Steering joints are starting to feel the effects of stock steering w/ 33s. It could really use a 1-ton steering, or at least fresh joints. Still drives fine, but I wanted to mention it.

3) Front door checks are worn and make horrible popping noises when opening and closing the doors. Easy fix.

4) Both front and rear fenders are cut. The rears were cut by a local shop, and they cut above the pinch weld without asking me. I had them weld the seam back up, and my buddy and I finished welding it because the shop did a terrible job. However, the welds need to be ground smooth and painted still.

5) If it's important to you, it could use a paint job, but it really isn't terrible considering it's lived in the sun most of it's life.

In the pictures, the glove box is out because I was going to install the overhead console. I have it and can install it no problem.

Also, I forgot to mention the A/C and heat both work exceptionally well.

I think that's most everything. I drive this as a daily driver and it never lets me down. I am just gauging interest, due to my limited resources to continue diagnosing the check engine light.

I am interested in selling the Jeep or a trade. The few people I have already talked to I have asked for $7000 obo, considering the value of the equipment on the Jeep. I realize I will need to be flexible, though, considering the unknown of the check engine light. I'm reasonable, I know what I have and what I don't have.

Trades I would consider...a stock or nearly stock good condition 99+ XJ, a stock or nearly stock good condition late model ZJ or a WJ, a pickup (preferably fullsize and not too old or beat), or really anything else could be considered, including cars. No motorcycles, though. I'm not looking for a project, i'm looking for a reliable daily diver. But if you are interested, shoot me what you have. I'm open to suggestions and discussion.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_20120713_131340.jpg

IMG_20120713_131357.jpg

IMG_20120413_150158.jpg

IMG_20120713_131904.jpg

IMG_20120713_131917.jpg

IMG_20120713_131933.jpg

IMG_20120713_131948.jpg

IMG_20120713_132024.jpg

IMG_20120713_132043.jpg

IMG_20120713_132104.jpg

IMG_20120713_132133.jpg

IMG_20120713_132220.jpg

IMG_20120713_132235.jpg

Last edited:
BUMP...drastically lowered the price.

Folks I'm very motivated to get a deal done, so I am dropping the price to $4800. Still interested in a trade, too.

If you have any interest, PM me. I'm reasonable and willing to talk.

Thanks for looking!

Man everyone must fear that light haha. Sweet looking rig my man, I looove the white on white
I'd trade ya mine girl for it if ya ever get it fixed haha, not that ud want to

Back