• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Chino Hills, CA

blackhawk411

NAXJA Forum User
Up for sale is a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4. I need to buy a bike so I can commute to my new job. I'd like to keep it but need a commuter bike. When I get my career going after college i will be back in the XJ game with money and time to go wheel.

ENGINE:
Jeep is in great condition other than some things not working that I mention on the bottom page. After I bought the Jeep I replaced alot of things, the Jeep had over-heating issues which I fixed by getting a new thermostat, gasket, housing, 3core radiator and complete cooling system flush along with brand new radiator hoses. With the upgraded thermostat it runs below 210` (Cherokees usually run around 215~220) so it performs awesome. Jeep inline 6s are bulletproof so the engine will never break down on you as long as you keep up on maintance.

BODY:
The Jeep has been painted black because it was black currant (purple) and I really didn't like driving arond a purple Jeep. No accidents. There are dings here and there from the previous owner such as broken washer nozzle trim, ding on the hatch, and passenger door.

Mechanical/Electric:
Everything works as far as body mechanical goes. It came with a sunroof but it does not work, motor works but it's off the track so it's just shut. Power windows and locks work fine except for the driver's side. The clip that holds the locking rod to the handle is broken so it won't lock right now, i have the part though. Otherwise, everything works.

Drivetrain:
4x4 works flawlessly, this thing will go just about ANYWHERE and tow just about anything. Shocks are blown, I left the suspension alone because I was planning on buying a lift kit which usually comes with everything that needs to be replaced (Shocks, springs, trackbar, control arms...) so I left it alone as I bought the Jeep to build up as a DD/Weekend wheeler.

Clean CARFAX avail. CARFAX buyback garunteed.

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
4.0 I6 engine
115,539 miles
3rd owner
VIN- 1J4FJ68S3WL189633
Automatic Transmission
Pwr windows, lock, mirror
30`` Bridgestone Duelers on black steelies
Pioneer premier headunit with ipod connect, Infinity basslink subwoofer

Good:
-Brand new 3-core allsteel radiator
-Radiator, engine flush done along with new hoses and clamps
-New upgraded (195) thermostat, thermostat housing, gasket
-New brake pads and resurfaced rotors
-New rear drum
-New paint job
-Replaced poor performance factory headlights.
Bad:
-Driver's door does not lock (broken clip, have part may fix it before sell)
-Sunroof does not operate (It is shut but will not open)
-Fuel gauge malfunction (I fill up at 200miles, half a tank means empty so it kinda works)
-Broken platic piece on window washer nozzle (shown in pic)
-Shocks are blown (left them because I was going to lift the Jeep but plans changed)

*****I'm asking 4500.00 for the XJ. I will include the Roofbasket for extra 200.00 otherwise, it comes with everything except the roofrack.
*****No dealers, absolutely no checks or payments. Show up with cash if you are serious, I am not in a rush to sell so DO NOT LOWBALL

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6094.jpg

IMG_6095.jpg

IMG_6096.jpg

IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

IMG_6099.jpg

IMG_6049.jpg

IMG_6050.jpg

IMG_6052.jpg

IMG_6053.jpg

Unfortunate you have to get rid of your rig.

But, what's your plan for the roof rack? Looking to sell it? if so, first in line please.

I can tell you how to get 2-3 more mpg right now.

OTOH I understand the BS high gas prices. To bad you gotta sell.

Got a 03 954 cbr perfict shape, clean as can be devil highmount carbon fiber 3/4 pipe ohens steering stablizer under 7k miles on the bike tinted windscreen frame sliders 2 new tires, red and black. Im selling the bike for 5500. If you wanna work out a trade let me know. Also im orignal owner bought new

justin_502 said:
Got a 03 954 cbr perfict shape, clean as can be devil highmount carbon fiber 3/4 pipe ohens steering stablizer under 7k miles on the bike tinted windscreen frame sliders 2 new tires, red and black. Im selling the bike for 5500. If you wanna work out a trade let me know. Also im orignal owner bought new

way too big...sorry

karstic said:
I can tell you how to get 2-3 more mpg right now.

OTOH I understand the BS high gas prices. To bad you gotta sell.

Yea, ditch the steelies. Those suckers are cheap but eat the gas.

Mr. Pickle said:
Yea, ditch the steelies. Those suckers are cheap but eat the gas.

I was thinking more along the lines of the roof rack and spare tire up top.

Back