• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS>>> 1988 Jeep XJ

cwlongshot

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,
This has to go... I mildly built this up for my Pop to drive after my Mom passed. It's served its purposes for us.

1988 Jeep Cherokee Gold two door. Auto, 4WD.

I bought it from the original owner with a bad 242 T-Case and a busted "wing" window. We swapped in a 231 and changed the window.

THE GOOD: It's got a non disco HI-Pinion D30 and a D44 rear both orig with 3:54 and 3:55 gears. AW4 tranny rebuilt. 4.0 Rebuilt motor both with almost 90K. 3" lift full springs and longer shocks. New moog ball joints and spicer U joints on axles and D shafts. Cooper HT 265x75x15 tires, about half worn, mounted on stock 10spoke rims.

THE BAD: Needs pass side mirror replaced. (I HAVE) Some minor rust, typical spots. Battery altho fairly new, will go dead if let sit for more than a couple weeks. Some exhaust leaks. (Likely needs new muffler) Gate rattles.

Runs great, always starts and runs smooth, no blow by or noisy valve train. WELL MAINTAINED!!

Asking $1000 OBO

CW

Last edited:
PIX...

PoserI.jpg

Poser.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

CW

I may be intrested in this. I will be needing it as my daily driver, what do you think it would need for inspection. If you could give me a call 3028411416
Andy

Back