• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Coil budget lift?

BrettM said:
good thing it's not an XJ then :laugh3:

lift coils, long-arms, 3 links and different axles don't belong on the front of an XJ either. who would even think of *gasp* modifying a vehicle :rolleyes:

MJ...XJ...

All the same parts...

They can even look like each other! :D

Modifying, No WAY!!!!!!

BTW, Longs arms don't belong on either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hinkley

most times a pitman arm isnt needed, the drag link has an ajustable setion on it, (what XJ engineers had in mind, i dont know) but you can let a little of that slide out.

Yup, drop pitman really isn't needed for a lift that small. It looks like you've got most of the parts sourced except the control arms then...not a bad deal.

A yj pitman arm will work for a dropped pitman arm. and yj front lines are 3" longer than an xj's. Here is a list of shocks. http://billyxj.tripod.com/shocks/shocks.html
just measure what you need and find something close on the chart. But seriously if you are going to buy name brand shocks, it is about the same price to get xj lift shocks that are set up right.
MJ shackles can give about 3/4" of lift also. And if you ever look at f-150 coils you will see why they are not the best idea. They are way thicker than xj springs and about the same height, so they are stiff.

I may have missed this if it has already been posted on this thread, but what about zj coils from an orvis or one with the up country susp. I didn't know they made the up country zj untill my dad got one a few weeks ago. they may add 2.5-3.75 inches of lift? Just an idea.

hey,

i found this link in annother thread a little while ago, and man, had i not ordered my lift already, this is what i would have done. i feel some strange need to tell everyone and post it like crazy... it seems like a great idea and has a full write up.
keywords (for other searchers): budget boost, BB, cheap lift, junkyard, direct swap, 2" lift

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.c...udget_boost.htm

Back