• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday night potluck

Does anyone in our group have the house rented? Our cabin does not have a kitchen per say but is supose to have a microwave. ;)
Ya Nick and his wife and Stacey and I are renting it.

We will have beans and cornbread.

The wife and I will have are 2 burner camp stove and 2 20lb bottles of gas so we should be able to help cook something up for Fri night. If I had to guess between Stump and my wife there should be something to cook on or bake with!

yeah, we'll have a two burner big coleman if someone needs to cook something on site.
Redheep and I will be in the RV section.

RV section might be the place to have this shindig, since it's all gravel. I guess it depends on the weather/ground. I did not enjoy the mudfest that was the Attica Family Campgrounds.

We are bringing (20) burgers,(12)metts ,and (12) bratts to grill out.Also enough bread for the mentioned.

Nick

Since a) I can't cook and b) it hasn't been mentioned, I can bring miscellaneous stuff like chips, soda, plates/napkins.

I'm open to suggestions. I can't do too much but I don't want to be a freeloader. :D

Since a) I can't cook and b) it hasn't been mentioned, I can bring miscellaneous stuff like chips, soda, plates/napkins.

I'm open to suggestions. I can't do too much but I don't want to be a freeloader. :D

we'll sign you up for pop.

I'd go with some cola, and some sprite, maybe some root beer or somesuch. That way everyone will have something to drink.

Here's the list as such:
Go Sow Get Stuck= Drinks
Hana= meat
Ed=Beans and cornbread (which sounds awesome BTW, I loves cornbread)
General=Chili
Flex=Pies (pie fixes everything you know)
87manche= Potato Salad (to cool down the chil iI'm sure)

Do we need buns/bread?

hana said he was bringing enough buns to cover the meat. someone wanna bring plates or bowls and utensils?

edit- just saw the comment on the plates and chips and soda. (drinks are probably not needed as most people will bring their own) but plates/bowls and utensils and chips will be greatly appreciated

hana said he was bringing enough buns to cover the meat. someone wanna bring plates or bowls and utensils?

edit- just saw the comment on the plates and chips and soda. (drinks are probably not needed as most people will bring their own) but plates/bowls and utensils and chips will be greatly appreciated

Not a problem. I will cover the plates/utensils (they're cheap), get a few bag of chips and a few two liters of soda. It's the least I can do, I'm grateful for any "real" food I can get so I don't have to live off of cold meat sandwiches for the next 4 days. :D

im going to prep thrusday night getting the meat cooked and spices so i dont have to carry everything up there. i will be adding ginger for those concerned, though not sure how much, hopefully a little goes a long way. and there will be a special ingredient as well added to the recipe for this trip... a friend dropped it off unexpectedly yesturday and said it would be great for chili, i just so happen to be making some this weekend :D

We are bringing taco salad and rice krispie treats.

I brought some water and some tables and then ate all yall's food! TY and it was delicious!

im going to prep thrusday night getting the meat cooked and spices so i dont have to carry everything up there. i will be adding ginger for those concerned, though not sure how much, hopefully a little goes a long way. and there will be a special ingredient as well added to the recipe for this trip... a friend dropped it off unexpectedly yesturday and said it would be great for chili, i just so happen to be making some this weekend :D

Olivia loved your chilli. She ate some at the pot luck and took some back to the cabin. She ate that and wanted more.

What was the secret ingedient?

Back