• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Freebie....... '64 Dodge 440

Thing is pretty cool and custom. Something I would like in my garage.

You live in Highlands Ranch...... they didn't approve builders to make garages big enough for a car like this. And they most certainly won't allow you to park it outside. This thing would consume enough parking space for 2 Priuses..... that's both a moral and a criminal offense out there. :laugh:

You live in Highlands Ranch...... they didn't approve builders to make garages big enough for a car like this. And they most certainly won't allow you to park it outside. This thing would consume enough parking space for 2 Priuses..... that's both a moral and a criminal offense out there. :laugh:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

truth.

Seriously, two car garage my ass. I've learned to become an acrobat to get in the X because no way the wife will park her jeep outside......

I think this is what they thought of for "2 car" garages.....

f0b04113f2cc6b5f9c3b49c8adc164c2.jpg

Speaking of Highlands Ranch........ Has anyone seen / read Reggie River's (former Denver Bronco) book "My wife's boyfriend and our feud with the Highlands Ranch Homeowner's Association"? Absolute hiliarity!

"Highlands Ranch is a suburb south of Denver built in the '90's by James R. Pendleton Construction. Howard turned left on Pendleton Blvd that took him past Pendleton Place, Pendleton Court and Pendleton Way. He turned left onto Pendleton Ave past Pendleton St. and left onto Pendleton Drive. His was the 19th taupe house on the left where Davis Delaney's van was parked in the driveway - that commercial van was the subject of his latest battle with the HOA."

"The next morning, Howard and his wife awoke to a clamor outside - a voice boomed over a bull horn "Attention Highlands Ranch Residents! They recognized the voice as that of Jennifer Logan (aka J-Lo) Howard's ex-girlfriend and Chairperson of the HOA's Architectural Committee "According to article 5.28 of the CD you must remove your trash cans from the street by 8am! It is now 8:15 and you all are in violation of the code! You have 5 minutes to comply or I'm citing all of you!" Howard noted that Waste Management hadn't even been out to pick up the trash yet....."

You gotta watch this video of Reggie reading excerpts from his book:

http://reggierivers.com/my-wifes-boyfriend-and-our-feud-with-the-highlands-ranch-hoa/

Haha, pretty funny and sad it's true. I've always hated the "bubble" and fought the wife not move here and now she can't wait to get out. Was music to my ears when I heard her admit the other day we should of bought a house somewhere else!

Gotta love old school air shocks..........

IMG_20170616_144711773_zpsn4itosx3.jpg

IMG_20170616_144807085_zpsfkc7cbr2.jpg

IMG_20170616_144731165_zpsdx2nb63l.jpg

That thing is cool, definitely something I'd love to have in the driveway.

Nice find!!

If that's got the original 8.75 in it, you can "fix" those bolt on drums by pounding the flange loose from the drum and using a 70's - 80's standard 2.5" wide drum with the holes slightly enlarged. Makes doing brakes So much easier.

Yeah when I picked up the car, I had to drag it onto the trailer, the left rear was locked up. I have dealt with those axle nut drum set ups and they can be massively stuck on. Fortunately in this case, a couple pulls with a slide hammer on the drum edge and it came loose. Couple of broken brake shoe springs had the shoes loose and binding up.

It also has left hand threads on the left side of the car. Thought briefly about driving those out and replacing them with right hand thread studs but the studs are "swedged" in place - which is a process by which the studs are pressed into the axle flange, then the drum is installed and the studs are then stamped or "swedged" from the front essentially riveting the stud into the drum and flange. If you press these out, they wallow out the flange and you won't get studs to press in again.

........ So I ordered left hand thread chrome lug nuts for the wheels going on the driver's side and called it good. And let me tell ya...... finding LH lug nuts for thick mag wheels was no easy task. And of course the rear wheels have a thicker mounting surface than the fronts so I had to order 2 different lengths...... and of course, you have to buy them at $4.99 each or in 10 packs for $16 so I ended up with 5 extra of each length....... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I thought at 1st the drums on mine were froze, but the flanges were froze to the axle shaft. The drums turned inside out and separated from the flange necessitating the conversion. Lucky for me I had a couple Volare drums hanging about.

My old '69 Valiant had LH/RH studs. Sometimes I forgot.
When I slid the early 8.75 under there, nothing really changed in that department except stud size :)

Nice deal on the lug nuts. That's the fun of old cars, right :)

Just ordered: Fuel tank, gas cap, sending unit, brake shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware kits, master cylinder.

Couple weeks and this thing should be able to be road tested. The radiator has a small leak in one of the cores. Might try soldering it myself but likely to send it to a shop to get fixed and tested.

The front suspension is pretty loose too, A full rebuild kit may be the next big order.

Used some fishing line to stitch up the hanging headliner for now. I'll use one of the road test trips to go to an upholstery shop to get pricing for headliner replacement and some patch work on the seats and door panels to see if it'd be financially smart for me to do it or leave it for the next guy.

Another road test trip will be to the exhaust shop and see what it'd cost to do a dual set up with long glass packs...... :D

Last edited:
Coy''s swap meet is at Bandimere on Saturday . Stick it in the parking lot on the east end of one of the aisles. All the traffic and you ain't gotta pay to get it in the meet.

If I had the extra cash I'd be all over it. I like that thing.

Want a Suzuki Bandit? :D

If I had the extra cash I'd be all over it. I like that thing.

Want a Suzuki Bandit? :D

Sorry, already have a motorcycle I can't get sold...........

How about instead of donating money to the USO you instead donate the car to a combat vet. :)

And sold.

Brought a whole lot less than anticipated. Still gonna do a donation to the USO, just disappointed it won't be more.

Back