• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Free Ninety Five XJ

If you want to change the trans/t-case, why do you want to stick with the same block? Honestly that 4.3 is gonna make you alot happier

Thanks for the info, I was just looking into the options. If the 4.3L is a feasable swap then I'm all for it but I'm also looking into the option of just dropping a 3.4L in it and making it drivable.

the 3.4 is going to be an easier swap, as you can re-use the trans/xfercase. Also since you stated you want FI. As well as I can recall you can use TBI, TPI, or MPFI sytems on these motors. Do you have to deal with any kind of smog regulations in LA?

No there are no smog regulations to worry about. The one question I have about the swap of either the 3.4L or the 4.3L is will the stock motor mounts work with those motors or will I need to reposition the mounts?

I can move the motor mounts if I need to but I would prefer to leave them where they are.

I just found out Advance Adapters makes motor mounts to put the 4.3L in an XJ so I'm going to go ahead and do that with 3.5-4" of lift on 31's and use it as a Daily driver.

The 3.4L is basically a "direct bolt in" so mounts are the same as the 2.8L. But yes AA makes nice adapters. You will ahve a better trans with the 4.3L as well.

Back