• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For You Paint/Body guys (89 MJ) (Lots of Pictures)

Well, I think I'll just have my shop do it. had to top of the clutch fluid again today. So it should just get done.

Jeep plans now actually are:

Its going to be a DD! When I get back in August, I'll be getting a snowboarding pass and up in the mountains often. Probably just sleep in the back of the truck sometimes. So, everything I do now will be done in a complete rebuild.

Well. Finally got around to messing with the Truck once again. Did the CAD Fix, which was simple, thought I didn't move any C-Clips, hope thats okay. Been using it as a DD and I quite like it.

I'll be putting the topper on soon. When I get back from Aussie (August) I'll throw a bed back there and plan on Backpacking Colorado for a bit so basically just living in my truck.

How I'll be for the next few months! (I leave the 10th of Feb)

2013-01-09142910_zps921c7e52.jpg

The day I got it back from the Shop with a new hose! (Put on about 100 miles since then with no issues!)

2013-01-14133514_zps56987fd4.jpg

Then I Fixed the Front axle vacuum nonsense!

2013-01-22134433_zpsd3fb1908.jpg

"Look at this Instagram..."

2013-01-23110746_zpsae8ee26b.jpg

Last edited:
So, 7 months later...

I'm actually in Darjeeling, India. (North east tip, by Nepal) And got a message from my dad saying there was a small problem with the truck.

Seems that I've got the classic rusted floors coming through, I don't quite know the extent of the damage, but I know they'll need to be replaced. This truck is going to take a tour across the states when I get back so I'm just getting a head start on how to prep for that.

Advice? Troy?
SO... Do I order floor pans? From where? Anyone wanna cut out the old and weld in the new? ($)?

Well, Clearly I'm back in Colorado.

Been messing with the truck a bit. It needs a few little things, could use some advice. Need a Tachometer (The one I got with the truck didn't work) and lighting in the back no that the topper is back on. Idea's?

vyje8udu.jpg

4u5u8u2e.jpg

Lighting is easy..... Just make yourself a harness for both positive and negative, run the wires along the frame and then up into the bed - maybe up between the gap of the putter panel and inner bed panel. Drill and grommet a hole for the wires to cominto the bed.

Then get an all-weather plug.... Like a 4-pin trailer hitch wiring plug or go hit up the salvage yards for a plug. Use that so you can remove the topper and unplug your lighting.

Then just decide what kind of lighting. Harbor Freight has lots of RV and auto lighting on the cheap.

and floor rust repairs dont need to be welded in. cut out the bad, grind and clean it good and use 3 m 8115 panel bond. it is an adhesive made to bond steel to steel, works great on sheetmetal. joins and seal the patch all in one shot.

Ah. Frame. See that makes sense. And still through the topper. Simple enough. Lighting will be LEDs. They're just so much better. Thanks for the tips.

green.jpg

Brother was borrowing the Jeep up in boulder and a tire went flat.

He couldn't get the spare down. The crank for the spare is hidden by the aftermarket bumper, that being said, as soon as I got up there I could hand crank it down.

So anyway, I was in castle rock but went to a buddy's house, got his spare (which was just about flat) and changed it. 3 hours later, it's home and I ordered new tires from Wal-Mart.

urutydu5.jpg

Ya my brother really didn't know how to change a tire. Man card revoked.

gy3ymeza.jpg

Ugh. Spare. That was scary.

edetyje9.jpg

Fillin up the tank. Filled up the tire. Which didn't really work.

Looks good man.
Have you considered painting the topper?
I would have to take it off and grab a few cans of spray on bed liner.
I did it on a k5 and 4 runner. it worked great
3e1e4290.jpg

Back