• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For You Paint/Body guys (89 MJ) (Lots of Pictures)

You have the Peugot BA10.

Definitely do the clutch and pilot bearing while it's apart. It's likely fluid has sprayed around in the bell housing and all over the clutch.

Thats what I was thinking too. Might as well just do it all!

I have yet to regret my AAA membership.

Always figured I would do that once i grow up ;)

But as I'm going to Australia for 6 months come feb...

Australia huh? I'm jealous. Sounds like a killer experience!

There's a pretty good sized group of XJ/MJ enthusiasts down there.... Keep your camera handy and post up a thread of all the cool stuff you see.

I can't recall where in Australia Marcus (GoJeep) lives - I wanna say in the boonies near Victoria - but he'd be a great guy to meet up with sometime.

Australia huh? I'm jealous. Sounds like a killer experience!

There's a pretty good sized group of XJ/MJ enthusiasts down there.... Keep your camera handy and post up a thread of all the cool stuff you see.

I can't recall where in Australia Marcus (GoJeep) lives - I wanna say in the boonies near Victoria - but he'd be a great guy to meet up with sometime.

Ya if I wasn't leaving, I'd love to tackle the MJ myself. Just have lots to be doing!

I'm doing a program called YWAM. So I'll be kinda busy. Missions Trip. I'll have to try to find the XJ crew out there though. That would be fun.

Were in Australia are you going? By the way, a pop is your grand dad, and a napkin or nappy is what you put on a babies bottom.

Getting towed

2012-12-20170135_zps20b5c8fc.jpg

At the shop

2012-12-20171640_zps1fc6dce6.jpg

And I'm about to go pick it up. Apparently it only needed the Cylinder and not the Slave? I guess I'll go find out. I totally trust my shop so I'm hoping they're correct.

Either way,
Towing: Free
Parts: $59
Labor: $149
Truck back: Priceless

Welp! Still losing Clutch fluid from what I can tell. Would these mean my Slave is bad? or maybe it just ate it up and now that I filled it it'll be good?

Also started doing this.

Overall. Its still a really great truck. I drive it daily currently.
Next:
U-Joint
Axle Disconnect Fix.

That's what I was told it was - a leaking slave. But like you and I both experienced, it doesn't leak out onto the ground anywhere, or at least it didn't back when it changed hands.

Wondering if it's actually sucking in air rather than leaking somehow. :dunno:

Either way, I'm sure it's time for a replacement.

Does that needle vibrate slower at slower speeds and vibrate faster as you speed up? I'd look at lubing the cable first. It's probably hanging up in the tubing. Could also just be loose at the t-case where the cable connects.

To add, the master cylinder, the hydraulic hose, and the slave are all seperately replacable. The first thing that failed on the 90 was the hose. Master next, then the slave.

Where would one find this Hydraulic Hose? The slave is in the Trans, so if it needed replacement it would go to a shop.

And yes troy. Faster as I go faster. Lub the cable, where from? The back of the Speedo Gauge?

On my 90, the master cylinder, the slave, and the hose between the two were all seperate parts. I replaced the hydraulic hose first, the master a couple of times, the slave along with the clutch twice, until I had a later model tranny put in, along with a stock master, hydraulic line, and external slave that was pre-bled and came filled with fluid put in. This has lost maybe a drop in the last 10 years.

IIRC, someone makes a braided stainless hydro line for the slave to master connection, which is a whole lot better than the meltable stock plastic piece... I used one in my '91 when I had to do both cylinders.

You cvan also just buy it as a complete assembly, already connected, and already filled with fluid. Thats if you have the external slave anyways. Thats the way I prefer to do it. Those plastic lines like to fail/break when you take them out of their respective components and typically once either the master or slave fails the other isn't too far behind. Barely costs more than you piad in labor and takes maybe an hour to put in.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...ck=Search_C0402_1180246_-1&pt=C0402&ppt=C0015

His is an internal slave. Can't use those nifty all inclusive master/slave kit.....

He has an internal slave. I think they were internal until 95. :dunno:

I'm pretty sure it was 93 or 94 when they went to external, I just thought that maybe Troy had done the conversion prior to selling it.

I'm pretty sure it was 93 or 94 when they went to external, I just thought that maybe Troy had done the conversion prior to selling it.

What ever gave you the idea I'd done that conversion??? :laugh:

And yeah, '94 was the transition year.

Back