• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those who have or want to coat rockers with bed liner/herc

I also used Gator Gaurd II and a Schutz gun. Worked absolutely great IMHO... no issues with clogging or poor spray. Much less overspray then I expected too which was a bonus.

Herculiner rolled on:

DSC03186Large.jpg

Used the Rattle can Duplicolor myself. Works well. Have a bit to finish yet.
100_3623.jpg

xjjeepthing that looks real nice. I like the texture on the duplicolor, and dont need anything too heavy duty becuase i rarely am on trails where itll get beat up.

so for spraying the duplicolor gallon, would you guys recommend the dry wall texture gun, or an undercoating gun. i read some info on the drywall texture guns, and they seem nice. really adjustable. might give it a shot with that. what brand is selling at homedepot for 69.99??

ThE HiV said:
too bad, sounds like everyone has crappy results if they try to spray the gallon jugs. I did the roof of my XJ and it came out great using the spray cans. however, that gets expensive, and starts to hurt your finger after the 4th can.

ill keep trying to find any info on spraying these duplicolor gallons. hopefully someone who knows more about it sees this thread

i use something like this whenever i have to do more than just a quick fix.
8104952.jpg

it turns a rattle can into a spray gun and keeps your fingers from hurting.
_76_181161790_5328f1bf4d.jpg

i think i got mine at lowes for under 3 bucks.

I coated a bumper a made foe my 03 chev with duplicolour bedliner and it work really. I used a cheap hand held gun meant for sand blasted (bought it at Princess Auto for 20$) I didnt thin the bedliner at all as the gun had a larger than recommended nozzel diameter. Has a lot of texture to it and has lasted really well.

I use the dupilcolor truck bed liner on my rockers, bumpers, skids, roof rack. I use the cheap $20 walmart auto paint spray gun, about 40 PSI. I thin down the bed liner with acetone. I love the way it comes out, kinda like 150 grit sand paper. Nice low texture.

DSC00004-4.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

I recently did some rust clean up/prevention work on my floorboards. I used POR and Herc, came out nice.

While I had the Herc out I grabbed a set of flares I had sitting around, scuffed them up and cleaned them, then herc'ed em. Ended up using a matte black spray paint over the herc when it was just slightly tacky. They came out really nice, and match the trim well. They have held up quite well too.

Plans for this summer is the rockers, and lower doors, bumpers and end caps. Not sure if I am herc'ing the door trim, or ditching it.

Hmmm BigJeep got any extreme close-ups of your thinned out finish? I've been looking for a way to get a low profile, yet durable finish for a while. This could be the answer.

Back