• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Sale or Trade- 4.0L I6

Bandit79

NAXJA Forum User
For Sale or Trade- 4.0L I6

$250 OBO​

and i do me or best offer.... i need to get this engine moved and gone... will also consider trades for decent set of skids plates, 2-3 inch lift kits or other Jeep Cherokee XJ parts i need. Engine is available I will delete after it is sold

I have a 4.0L I6 out of my 00 XJ. But I am sure that it will fit other models setup for the 4.0.

When it was pulled, it had 209K miles on it. It ran, but needed work.

There was a loss of compression in Cylinders 3 and 4 due to either a warped and/or cracked head or bad head gasket. The other 4 cylinders were fine and were with in specs.

It is a near complete engine. Engine comes with most accessories, only thing needed would be AC pump, alternator, and a few other things.

Local Pick up is preferred or can meet with in a reasonable distance from where i live... I do travel to Pgh, PA every so often, so I could meet you along my drive.

Trades of equal value also welcome... trades for XJ upgrade parts Highly welcome, I am looking for a 3-5.5 inch lift, SYE, 31 inch tires, rear bumper with tire carrier, etc. PM me any and all offers. all reasonable offers will be considered. I will get back to you as soon as i can if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking.

I think your price is a little high. You can get an engine from a JY around here pulled for $180 with a warranty.

and what JY are you getting it from and how many miles are on that engine?

I had to just pic a price, and i went with half of what i spent on my replacement engine from the JY...

also, this is why I said, OBO (OR BEST OFFER) or am willing to trade for usable XJ parts. Guess you missed that part of the posting.

Last edited:
Back