• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Food!

Boil it, pull it apart, use for burrito/tacos?

If you can do it, I'll donate it for the group.(As long as I can make it out there, lol, I'll know next week. The meat was harvested from a 225 pound wild boar.

yeah guys this sucks but the venue and date change has hurt my efforts. initially we had a cabin in BB to prep the food. not so much in calico. im seeing amanda tonight and ill ask her but im pretty sure we will have to bow out. Im very sorry and wish that the powers that be kept BB in the picture.

youll need to figure out what you want to do with the boar and cook it before you bring it out. then keep refrigerated until ready to reheat.

probably with wild boar you could thin cut and marinade flank style like boar asaddo, flour and corn tortillas, side of black beans salsa fresca guac and probably some half corn on the cob.

another route would be to do wild boar pulled pork BBQ sandwiches on hawaiian rolls with potato salad and corn on the cob.

another route if you have a food grinder would be boar burgers with onion garlic and bell peppers ground into the pattys. sourdough or cheddar and jalapeno buns asiago cheese and a pasta salad.

for cost of around $6.00 per person your pretty much at the burgers/ hot dogs potato or pasta salad sides.

ill help out however i can

You got a pork boner!!
Boar boner?
Boarner?

mako, what about having your friend cook the pork beforehand and then we can just designate someone to reheat and serve?

Depending on how things work out, maybe, just maybe, I'll have my camper back in the Ford and tow the Jeep out. Could possibly use it to prep stuff in.

Boarner?

mako, what about having your friend cook the pork beforehand and then we can just designate someone to reheat and serve?

Depending on how things work out, maybe, just maybe, I'll have my camper back in the Ford and tow the Jeep out. Could possibly use it to prep stuff in.
I know Sean has a stove/oven in his trailer.

Yeah, a princess stove/oven combo. 3 burner stove, and a small oven. We could also rig up a few campstoves outside to keep things warm.

Anyone down for a SCF Luau?

i have an electric single burner, works pretty good. we'll have outlets there, i can bring it if needed. it would be sweet to make a big ass grill to fit in the hitch on my jeep. maybe i can make one out of a 55gal drum or something.

if you use two drums, you could sleep in there. Call it the BAT. (Bumper Adjacent Tent)

Edit: I think Carol already has a car-b-q. Maybe you could tow that up :p

if you use two drums, you could sleep in there. Call it the BAT. (Bumper Adjacent Tent)

cant tow anything since i'll be towing the heep behind the XXXX XXX, but i can put something in the bumper hitch on the jeep as long as it doesnt touch the ground.

Yeah, a princess stove/oven combo. 3 burner stove, and a small oven. We could also rig up a few campstoves outside to keep things warm.

Anyone down for a SCF Luau?
As long as no one is wearing a man-kini or hula skirt with nothing under it.
I think I have a couple tiki torches.

Nah, I finally cut the car-be-que up into pieces & threw it away a few years ago. STILL smelled awful. The smell of burnt-up beloved XJ is not a happy smell.

However, I have my little tabletop BBQ, and a 2-burner propane stove.

What would be bomb would be to see how much a local BBQ place would charge us to smoke the boar... We used to take our turkeys to CJ's BBQ Pit here in town, & they were a.ma.zing. And Jim's dad still gets a whole roast pig (complete with appled mouth) every year for his 4th of July party, but that'd still be down here in SD.

Nah, I finally cut the car-be-que up into pieces & threw it away a few years ago. STILL smelled awful. The smell of burnt-up beloved XJ is not a happy smell.

However, I have my little tabletop BBQ, and a 2-burner propane stove.

What would be bomb would be to see how much a local BBQ place would charge us to smoke the boar... We used to take our turkeys to CJ's BBQ Pit here in town, & they were a.ma.zing. And Jim's dad still gets a whole roast pig (complete with appled mouth) every year for his 4th of July party, but that'd still be down here in SD.
Depending on what is actually happening with dinner. The previously smoked meat would be awesome. Whether it be, for carnitas burritos/tacos, pulled pork, or ground for burgers.

Let me check with some people.

What do you guys want to eat?

how much are you willing to pay for dinner?

Do you want single serving or "All you can eat"?

Bump

Don't care, as long as its not hippy/vegan food.
$10-15
One generous serving would be fine with me.
As far as food selection, I would leave that up to whoever is cooking.

Ok, guess I need to change my vote. My co-driver is vegetarian, if its not too much trouble, it would be nice to have an option for her. ( even if its just ommiting the meat portion)

Back