• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flow of things

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
No big plans to change much of the flow of things for the event. It will look mostly like it has in the past.

Folks will arrived and check-in with the Badlands office. They will either pay and register with the badlands or check-in with our crew in the main office, whichever set up works best, but both things will be taken care of right away.

Then the tech inspection can be at the old badlands office. We will do it along side of the road.

Once clear there, you will go down to the lower parking area to stage for the trails.

Any other thoughts on changing or modifying this?

Last year in this same thread we talked about doing a shuttle. Does anyone thing we need that or did things work out last year? How can we make things smoother?

mac 'or were they smooth?' gyvr

I don't think we need to do the shuttle. Everything went smoothly last year i thought. I do want to see about talking to the badlands to see if we can move one of the parking logs in the lower parking lot. With only having the one opening to get in and out of the parking lot it made it kinda hard for people to figure out what was going on rather than just driving down the hill and pulling right into a trail line.

great point i'd forgot about that

mac 'add it to my kyle list' gyvr

Only thing I saw was a bit of a bottleneck at the main office parking lot. Rigs on trailers will fill that area up quickly; and if it's cold most people won't want to drive down to the banquet hall and walk back for reg.

Not sure how to fix that besides using the banquet hall for everything like we used to.

If we could use the bangquet hall for our registration that could work out decent. They could get thier vehicle teched and registration done all in one stop. Plus will keep main entrance up by badlands office open up more.

Only issue with that is paying Badlands registration. If we can talk Kyle into letting us pay for BL during pre-reg or somehow doing it at the banquet hall that could work.

were folks using the parking area to the side by the main office (that pull off by the grain terminal) or just plugging up the parking in front of the office?

inside registration and signing up and paying with the badlands went really well I thought.

maybe we just need to teach people how to park?

inside registration and signing up and paying with the badlands went really well I thought.

maybe we just need to teach people how to park?

I have to agree....Last year went pretty good except for parking and it was not as bad as the year before.....

Ram" Where the hell did I park" Rod

so could we try having a winterfest staff person be a parking lot attendant? maybe see if the badlands could have a person as well.

mac 'in cartman's voice, "Respect my Authority!" 'gyvr

Back